SAMP Freezes my PC

Have the same problem with SA-MP 0.3.7

I have the same annoying problem , my pc specs are good , all games works fine including GTA:SA in Single Player but in sa-mp on every server my pc freezez and I can't do anything ..I must restart it.
Reinstaled windows , defrag. disk , formating everything , reinstalling gtaa & sa-mp , deleting game setting from documents , etc ....nothing worked.

Anyone found an solution?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5 4950K @ 3.30GHz
6,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (MSI)

Almost same spec and same problem, it happened to me after the new nvidia update but it's samp sided bug according to nvidia.

Time to reinstall it

I have the same issue, win 10

delete

I have the same problem.This problem come with Nvidia graphic card(im using GT730).SAMP will work smoothly if take off Nvidia card.SA-MP run ok with onboard VGA intel HD graphics.I think some file of SA-MP not compatible with Nvidia drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huuphat16290
Посмотреть сообщение
I have the same problem.This problem come with Nvidia graphic card(im using GT730).SAMP will work smoothly if take off Nvidia card.SA-MP run ok with onboard VGA intel HD graphics.I think some file of SA-MP not compatible with Nvidia drivers.
I run a GT750... There is no issue with it. You need to focus on your other thread. Anyone else wanting support should make their own threads rather than bumping old ones.

The usual fix to any issue is to uninstall GTASA, SAMP, delete the settings in the Documents folder, ensure the graphics drivers are up to date, and then reinstall to a new folder.

A NEW folder... Not just delete the folder and reinstall to the same path... A totally new one.

And avoid that "Compatibility Settings" "fix" that everybody hands out like candy... If you use that you're not fixing the problem... All you are doing is avoiding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
I run a GT750... There is no issue with it. You need to focus on your other thread. Anyone else wanting support should make their own threads rather than bumping old ones.

The usual fix to any issue is to uninstall GTASA, SAMP, delete the settings in the Documents folder, ensure the graphics drivers are up to date, and then reinstall to a new folder.

A NEW folder... Not just delete the folder and reinstall to the same path... A totally new one.

And avoid that "Compatibility Settings" "fix" that everybody hands out like candy... If you use that you're not fixing the problem... All you are doing is avoiding it.
I have a 730 too and I have the same issue with samp, not even reinstalling the windows worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiWow
Посмотреть сообщение
I have a 730 too and I have the same issue with samp, not even reinstalling the windows worked.
I'm having troubles with mine freezing as well. Other aspects of the computer can still be controlled however but SAMP is frozen. This only seems to happen if I try to access another window while the game is running.
To get back into SAMP I have to Alt+Tab and guess which one samp is because no display comes up. Eventually the window restores and everything works again.

Using Alt+Enter once I get into game to put the game into "Windowed" mode seems to stop it freezing on changing windows as well.

Hope that helps someone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itprotj
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm having troubles with mine freezing as well. Other aspects of the computer can still be controlled however but SAMP is frozen. This only seems to happen if I try to access another window while the game is running.
To get back into SAMP I have to Alt+Tab and guess which one samp is because no display comes up. Eventually the window restores and everything works again.

Using Alt+Enter once I get into game to put the game into "Windowed" mode seems to stop it freezing on changing windows as well.

Hope that helps someone!
If you are running nVidia shadowplay, that will cause a freeze on tabbing.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know if that only happens with that specific model, because I have a gtx 750ti, alt + tabbing works sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't want to alt + tab and the screen just turns black. Pressing alt + tab again puts you back in the game, but it never freezes.

This only happens when you use the native resolution of your monitor.

The instance I'm referring to is the same as when you are recording with Fraps, and you tab. If you have ShadowPlay enabled to record all the time so you have the ShadowPlay feature, it'll crash when you tab, and won't allow you to bring the window of GTA SA up again, until you stop the recording.

ShadowPlay though doesn't have a full "stop" function though, so you're stuck until you alt-ctrl-del it.

This thread is also months old.

An update on the alt + tab = black screen: It only happens if you have pressed ESC before

About ShadowPlay, in my case it doesn't crash, even with desktop capture off. You can perfectly alt + tab. In the recording you just see the game pause until you come back to the game.

They may have fixed it, but it has locked up SA-MP completely in the past, as I said, same as Fraps.

I had this problem i format my pc from 10 to 7

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
As will AMD Gaming Evolved, for any AMD users out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
As will AMD Gaming Evolved, for any AMD users out there
Yea, I'd suspect it has something to do with DirectX somehow.