Editing a gamemode.. is it a good start?

I'm using this gamemode to start with, learn scripting, etc. Gamemode => http://******************/post/20077...s_and_Robbers_[INI]_[SFCNR_edit]/MichaelJones/gamemodes/rp

For me, the best way to learn something is try by yourself. Create a gamemode, get some ideas and try to script your ideas. Don't start to get big ideas like a RP server, just a random server with a lot of commands and no purpose.

I'm first learning for what purpose these callbacks are used.. once i get to know how to, i'll

By the way, when i start server on my localhost, it shows gamemode text "unknown"

help please

I always say it's harder that way, because now you need to learn how someone else's gamemode works and incorporate your own stuff into it. It's usually easier in my opinion to start scratch, then you know exactly what the script has and exactly how everything works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
I always say it's harder that way, because now you need to learn how someone else's gamemode works and incorporate your own stuff into it. It's usually easier in my opinion to start scratch, then you know exactly what the script has and exactly how everything works.
+1. I think too, this is the best way to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHunterZ
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm first learning for what purpose these callbacks are used.. once i get to know how to, i'll

By the way, when i start server on my localhost, it shows gamemode text "unknown"

help please
Try this:
PHP код:
public OnGameModeInit()
{

SetGameModeText("Your Gamemode's name");
    return 
1;

Creating your own gamemode will be more good start.

I mean I started by editing Raven's Roleplay back in 2011-2012, and while it was more difficult it did give me a greater understanding on how functions work and such.

Though rather than jumping right into even editing a gamemode, you should first get to grips with the PAWN language first. In other words, go read some PAWN documentation and learn how the language works and find its weaknesses. That way, when you do make your own gamemode it would be much easier since you've got the background knowledge of the language.

Not to mention a large quantity (not all) of the gamemodes released were edits of old gamemodes made 10 years ago, and SA-MP has come a long way since then, all they teach are outdated or bad habits.

thanks for the suggestion, and yes, i tried the OnGameModeinit, it still shows unknown gamemode..is this due to me not having visual c++?