Why does the speed of command processor and database manager matter? I mean everything happens in a second, right?
What happens if I use dini instead of y_ini and strcmp instead of zcmd?
Is dcmd a good command processor?

Speed matters when there is bulk of subjects.

If you use DINI instead of YINI for Loading objects(say) for a player, YINI is faster so the loading is completed before DINI does it in lots of seconds. What would you want, wait for long to let DINI complete or YINI?
Similarly with zcmd and strcmp.

Also, optimizations and smart methods are part of good coding practice or quality code. DINI is not smart because it opens a file each time to read a single field and then closes it, where you can do that a single time by opening it once and then close after you have fetched or written your fields.

Means it takes more than a second for dini to load?
I thought all these processes everything within a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGOggy
Посмотреть сообщение
Means it takes more than a second for dini to load?
I thought all these processes everything within a second.
I am talking about bulk here.
Do you create a user database system for a single player (if so DINI will do that in couple of milliseconds)?

If you have like 100 players in your server, and you want to load 5 fields(say kills, deaths etc) from all user files. DINI will open and close all file in 100 * 5 times i.e. 500 times for 100 players, which is way slower than YINI which opens the files and closes it 100 times only.

Ahh, okay. Thanks.
But now I'm using dcmd. How much slower is that than zcmd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGOggy
Посмотреть сообщение
Ahh, okay. Thanks.
But now I'm using dcmd. How much slower is that than zcmd?
DCMD uses strcmp which is slower than ZCMD because ZCMD works on callbacks. I don't remember any speed comparison but you can find one in their respective threads.