Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by davve95
Посмотреть сообщение
I agree! It would be nice to atleast control the waves.. And it would be epic to make flooding.
I agree with you Davve,it would be great for rp server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
I think this was implemented before but it got removed.
Код:
OnPlayerVehicleTakeDamage (playerid, vehicleid, amount);
If someone can get me an alternative to this, I'll gladly take some ideas.
Why not just OnVehicleTakeDamage ? And isnt it possible to get the damage amount with OnVehicleDamageStatusUpdate ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-N-Z
Посмотреть сообщение
It's been almost 10 years since SA-MP was released, maybe someone notice this, there are some BASIC gameplay features that are still missing or needs to be fixed. Well atleast this is what I wanted for years.
Maybe this can happen in 0.3.8, 0.4 or whatever the next release is.

- Enable CJ Clothing.
- Sync Satchel Charge, it won't work if player is not streamed nearby.
- Sync Heatseeker Rocket Launcher. It dosen't follow anything.
- Fix Thermal and Night Vision Goggles, OnPlayerUpdate fix sometimes dosen't work, and everyone gets the effect.
- Fix Sniper Rifle lagcomp, after a while some players get desynced and sniper rifle won't give any damage to others, only solution is to reconnect.
- Fix a bug where other players can give damage with fists/knuckles/parachute to other players when they are on the opened dialog.
- Fix OnVehicleRespray not getting called when player uses Paint Spray.
- Fix a problem where OnPlayerDeath won't return killerid, if player exploded inside a vehicle and if explosion was caused by other players.
- Disable all camera CULL zones, or atleast the ones in SF Doherty Garage and Harry Plum's.
- Add callback that gets called when player uses shops like Burger Shot, Ammu-Nation, Paint Spray, Vending Machines etc. Usefull for servers that uses server sided money.
- Add callback that detects players who attempted stunt jumps. Usefull for servers that uses server sided money.
- Add a function to enable or disable specific garages. I know it's mappable, but it can cause crashes.
- Add Smooth weather change effect.
- Add Coronas like in Kickstar mission.
- Add more functions to detect aimbots, since it's ruining DM community.
- EnableUnoccupiedVehicleDamage(true/false); I know it's scriptable, however, granades, rocket missles won't give any damage.

My take on vehicle damage system is that it should work just like in a single player, where you can deal damage anyway that you want. Right now it's very limited, or make it so OnUnoccupiedVehicleUpdate gets called when you drop a granade or a projectile, etc.
Great suggestions mate.
I wish people can contribute to make sa-mp better but i won't see that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTrucker
Посмотреть сообщение
Why not just OnVehicleTakeDamage ? And isnt it possible to get the damage amount with OnVehicleDamageStatusUpdate ?
According to this link: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/OnVehicleDamageStatusUpdate,
Quote:

This callback is called when a vehicle element such as doors, tires, panels, or lights get damaged.
This does not include vehicle health changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admigo
Посмотреть сообщение
Great suggestions mate.
I wish people can contribute to make sa-mp better but i won't see that happen.
SA-MP's development team should expand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]xXZeusXx.
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP's development team should expand.
This.
Not only it would help SA-MP updating faster, but we would probably get many better updates.

Or at least, make it avaible for everyone that knows how to develop to help out.
No I am not saying that they would be part of the SA-MP dev team, but let them contribute by sending the codes to the dev team (A website could be made for that.), and Kalcor then decides to add it or not.

I know an old developer leaked some SA-MP update (0.2d?) but that was years ago. It's time to move on and have 1 or 2 new developers, because it would be great for SA-MP.

Slice made a wonderful thread on how Kalcor could let the SA:MP community contribute to development.

Anyway, back to the actual feature suggestion part:

OnVehicleMod should be called by AddVehicleComponent. If not, make a separate callback for when components are added.

SAMP should support embbeded framework like CEF for example (Chromium Embbeded Framework), for who doesn't know what does the CEF do, check it out:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdWmLSsauWQ[/ame]

Hello everybody. I am suggesting Shader system. It`s awsome to have something like that, you can add ENB with your settings, you also can add new graphic designs into game, easy to change desert into green land. It`s should be awsome to see shader system in 0.3.8. If Kalcor will add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
Посмотреть сообщение
SAMP should support embbeded framework like CEF for example (Chromium Embbeded Framework), for who doesn't know what does the CEF do, check it out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdWmLSsauWQ
I really want this in next updates its awesome and it will be creative for roleplay servers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanady
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello everybody. I am suggesting Shader system. It`s awsome to have something like that, you can add ENB with your settings, you also can add new graphic designs into game, easy to change desert into green land. It`s should be awsome to see shader system in 0.3.8. If Kalcor will add it.
Can you explain how that thing would work?
There's no use in suggesting features that are processed by the client.
And you can't put to that much pressure on a 32 bit server either.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdWmLSsauWQ
A better example would be the CEF used in the GTAV mod (one of them, not sure which one, but the example was super bad ass).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
A better example would be the CEF used in the GTAV mod (one of them, not sure which one, but the example was super bad ass).
Thats the only mod that hasn't closed down :P

Yes, CEF would be sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
GTA:MP uses CEF3, it's the only GTA V MP mod that still exists, I would use a video of it but they didn't post detailed videos about CEF on their mod yet, but yeah anyways what matters is the framework itself, the mod which is running is still just an example

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
GTA:MP uses CEF3, it's the only GTA V MP mod that still exists, I would use a video of it but they didn't post detailed videos about CEF on their mod yet, but yeah anyways what matters is the framework itself, the mod which is running is still just an example
The 2 GTA:Life videos show it off.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PTplPeb07w[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPEpCfilI0[/ame]

^^ Now that would be really good.

GTA Singleplayer AI. access through actors or NPCs.
It was done before in SAMP 0.2 but that wasn't successful, i hope if its possible to re construct it for global or per player atleast.

Secondly, a proper SAMP UI (maybe Gta_Samp.exe), actually it would make professional changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
Посмотреть сообщение
... a proper SAMP UI (maybe Gta_Samp.exe), actually it would make professional changes.
How would you define professional?