Server shutting down

So i run a server

All is good until suddenly the server just crashes no error reports from crashdetect nothing

just this on logs ---Server Shutting Down

it used to happen once a day but it happens now 2 or 3 times continuously

What version are you running the server on?

0.3.7 r2-1

Stop using CrashDetect and start actually figuring out what is wrong.

Why is it everyone simply RELIES on crashdetect, and don't even bother trying to figure the crash itself out....

Might be your host which shuts down or eventually reboots.

If it prints that then it means that the process was ended gracefully; in other words this is not a crash. Rcon exit (typed in the remote console or sent through SendRconCommand) causes the server to exit gracefully. I believe a Unix SIGTERM signal also exits it gracefully, in which case the problem may be indeed lie with the host.

Since your server running on a safe version, and its only "Server Shutting Down", it could only be your connection/host. If your hosting the server on a different computer, make sure it has a steady connection, or nobody is using that connection to download big files. If its hosted by a company, you can only contact them about this. If its a personal VPS, then you can look into it, what else is on the VPS or if anything else the VPS is used for.

I've contacted my host regarding this,they claim that they've got nothing to do with it and they don't use any sort of scheduled restarts or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha$H_Sexyboy
View Post
I've contacted my host regarding this,they claim that they've got nothing to do with it and they don't use any sort of scheduled restarts or anything
Have you looked into it if it was a ddos attack?