Tips About stream distances

Hey guys, I've seen only a slim topics concerning this issue. However, hopefully can help me figure out what will work for me and my script. So heres the laydown:

I have a lot of mapped objects in my server, however, they are wide spread. But my issue is trying to get the objects to stream in at a farther distance. I've tried editing the stream_rate and stream_distance in server.cfg. Neither option worked. Someone please help.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=102865

Streamer "streams" objects, with a parameter to edit the stream distance. Normal SA-MP objects does not support this.

Your stream_rate and stream_distance modifies player streamings, hence nothing to do with the objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfie
Посмотреть сообщение
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=102865

Streamer "streams" objects, with a parameter to edit the stream distance. Normal SA-MP objects does not support this.

Your stream_rate and stream_distance modifies player streamings, hence nothing to do with the objects.
I already have the streamer plugin and include. My gamemode requires it. But I want a way to make it to where the objects stream in sooner

You can use Streamer_Update(Ex) to manually update the area for a player.

Im sorry, can you explain how that would make the objects appear almost naturally

The default rendering engine renders objects only up to the distance that's been declared for it in the IDE (Item Definition Entry) file, which can't exceed 300 units. However many objects have a render distance even less than that. Then again, larger objects and buildings have been assigned a LOD (Low Object Detail) model which is streamed from up to 1500 units away. A LOD model is nothing more than a few basic shapes with very crude textures and it is not at all solid, which means you can walk through it (this is a what a lot of player have problems with when they use RemoveBuilding). As soon as the normal building is within its defined rendering distance it will pop into view and the LOD model will dissapear.

So, to sum it up: try to use LOD objects for items that are further way than 300 units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
The default rendering engine renders objects only up to the distance that's been declared for it in the IDE (Item Definition Entry) file, which can't exceed 300 units. However many objects have a render distance even less than that. Then again, larger objects and buildings have been assigned a LOD (Low Object Detail) model which is streamed from up to 1500 units away. A LOD model is nothing more than a few basic shapes with very crude textures and it is not at all solid, which means you can walk through it (this is a what a lot of player have problems with when they use RemoveBuilding). As soon as the normal building is within its defined rendering distance it will pop into view and the LOD model will dissapear.

So, to sum it up: try to use LOD objects for items that are further way than 300 units.
Wow, a lot to type there lol. Thanks for the breakdown. I will try that.