Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

I don't know if SA-MP could handle it, but a higher amount of maximum neon lights(effects) would be nice.

pawn Код:
forward OnPlayerConnect(playerid, firstconnect);
Firstconnect will be 1 if it's the first time the player has connected. Otherwise, if they are reconnecting(e.g the server used the rcon ban relog method), the server lost connection, or if the server restarted.

This would ultimately allow us to remove buildings for players only the first time they connect, and otherwise do nothing because they have already had them removed.

Add new skins that are not in samp or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemSAMP
Посмотреть сообщение
Add new skins that are not in samp or whatever
It's hard to add new skins into SA-MP cause you simply can't add them in plus most of the models aren't actually "solid", most of them are used in cut-scenes.

Add new function
pawn Код:
SetVehicleFontLightColor(vehicleid,color);

Can't fix Shamal plane bugs?
Passenger (G) mode for Shamal and Shamal's color, not just white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XinBZone
Посмотреть сообщение
Can't fix Shamal plane bugs?
Passenger (G) mode for Shamal and Shamal's color, not just white.
Shamal just doesnt have passenger seats.

pawn Код:
native IsPlayerTyping(playerid);
To check if player is typing in the chat box, before to send the message.

Add an option to disable CLEO.

It has seriously become a huge problem for most servers. Most of the SA-MP cheats are made using CLEO. I can list half a dozen of them off the top of my head. Bullet crasher, car warping, rapid fire, proaim/aimbot, fake killing, troll mod, and some other ones.

Most of them are difficult to detect and give false flags to non-cheating players. Server owners shouldn't have to detect CLEO hacks using tricky code when they can simply be omitted in SA-MP's code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
Add an option to disable CLEO.

It has seriously become a huge problem for most servers. Most of the SA-MP cheats are made using CLEO. I can list half a dozen of them off the top of my head. Bullet crasher, car warping, rapid fire, proaim/aimbot, fake killing, troll mod, and some other ones.

Most of them are difficult to detect and give false flags to non-cheating players. Server owners shouldn't have to detect CLEO hacks using tricky code when they can simply be omitted in SA-MP's code.
Problem is that there are many useful CLEO mods like ELS and many more that could aid roleplay servers. I think it would be better IF you could blacklist certain CLEO mods but not every.

Sometimes we gotta look at what MTA has done by letting such things be scripted and even creating different types of lights. I would explain properly but I'm writing from my phone at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
Problem is that there are many useful CLEO mods like ELS and many more that could aid roleplay servers. I think it would be better IF you could blacklist certain CLEO mods but not every.

Sometimes we gotta look at what MTA has done by letting such things be scripted and even creating different types of lights. I would explain properly but I'm writing from my phone at work.
Between blocking all CLEO mods and filtering them, the obvious choice would be the second. It's the most efficient simply because it won't allow users to bypass anything.
Hacking maniacs always find a way through leaks, so filters will always be useless.

IMO Mods are the cancer of gaming. They have the potential to cause disaster in the files, and they can be abused.
As Alfred said: Some people just want to watch the hole world burn. If they hide in the forest, you burn the entire forest to stop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Between blocking all CLEO mods and filtering them, the obvious choice would be the second. It's the most efficient simply because it won't allow users to bypass anything.
Hacking maniacs always find a way through leaks, so filters will always be useless.

IMO Mods are the cancer of gaming. They have the potential to cause disaster in the files, and they can be abused.
As Alfred said: Some people just want to watch the hole world burn. If they hide in the forest, you burn the entire forest to stop them.
True that. But you have to understand that not every CLEO mod is a hack as I wrote there are many other mods that do not involve player being better than others which is why I mentioned ELS.

That being that I am for the suggestion of blocking CLEO mods. If a server would block CLEO mods, the server would have to complement players with scripting that is similar to per said ELS in where MTA does amazing job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Your opinion is ignorant in fact.

That is doable through PAWN:
pawn Code:
#include <a_samp>
new g_vehicle_int[MAX_VEHICLES];

stock LinkVehicleToInteriorEx(vehicleid, interior)
{
    g_vehicle_int[vehicleid] = interior;
    return LinkVehicleToInterior(vehicleid, interior);
}

#if defined _ALS_LinkVehicleToInterior
  #undef LinkVehicleToInterior
#else
#define _ALS_LinkVehicleToInterior
#endif
#define LinkVehicleToInterior LinkVehicleToInteriorEx
stock SetVehicleToRespawnEx(vehicleid)
{
    g_vehicle_int[vehicleid] = 0;
    return SetVehicleToRespawn(vehicleid);
}

#if defined _ALS_SetVehicleToRespawn
  #undef SetVehicleToRespawn
#else //Else if not defined
#define _ALS_SetVehicleToRespawn
#endif
#define SetVehicleToRespawn SetVehicleToRespawnEx
stock GetVehicleInterior(vehicleid)
{
    return g_vehicle_int[vehicleid];
}
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeF
View Post
Change GUI skin like : dialog, class selection, tab-player list, im very bored with that....
You can modify your sampgui.png file. You can also find mods for it using ******, it does exist and is there.

You can use the "board" of taxi anywhere car.

What do you mean the board of taxi?

You know the object I mean ?, taxi, taxi drivers on the roof top car have an object that says "taxi", well, that object can be used on any car.

19308, it already exists as an object. You can use AttachObjectToVehicle to then attach it to the vehicle.

http://gta-sa-mp.de/forum/index.php?...ID&objID=19308

see: http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=592&t=274051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
That is doable through PAWN:
pawn Code:
#include <a_samp>
new g_vehicle_int[MAX_VEHICLES];

stock LinkVehicleToInteriorEx(vehicleid, interior)
{
    g_vehicle_int[vehicleid] = interior;
    return LinkVehicleToInterior(vehicleid, interior);
}

#if defined _ALS_LinkVehicleToInterior
  #undef LinkVehicleToInterior
#else
#define _ALS_LinkVehicleToInterior
#endif
#define LinkVehicleToInterior LinkVehicleToInteriorEx
stock SetVehicleToRespawnEx(vehicleid)
{
    g_vehicle_int[vehicleid] = 0;
    return SetVehicleToRespawn(vehicleid);
}

#if defined _ALS_SetVehicleToRespawn
  #undef SetVehicleToRespawn
#else //Else if not defined
#define _ALS_SetVehicleToRespawn
#endif
#define SetVehicleToRespawn SetVehicleToRespawnEx
stock GetVehicleInterior(vehicleid)
{
    return g_vehicle_int[vehicleid];
}

You can modify your sampgui.png file. You can also find mods for it using ******, it does exist and is there.
Don't you think I already know that? It would be cool if there was a native function for that, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
Don't you think I already know that? It would be cool if there was a native function for that, though.
It would be; but it can already be done so there is a very high chance it won't be added.