sa-mp in Steam LOL

for some reason the client does not have to offer to publish in Steam? How did it with Just Cause 2 published in the steam Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod. it would be fun. Kalcor not thought about it?
P.S. Sorry for the blunt language, I just translate through ******

You can get the game GTA San Andreas from steam, however the reason San Andreas Multiplayer isn't in steam is because its a mod. Far as I know, SA-MP isn't affiliated/ supported/ created by Rockstar. It just uses Grand Theft Auto San Andreas game engine.

Because it ain't an official MP said/made by R*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death1300
Посмотреть сообщение
You can get the game GTA San Andreas from steam, however the reason San Andreas Multiplayer isn't in steam is because its a mod. Far as I know, SA-MP isn't affiliated/ supported/ created by Rockstar. It just uses Grand Theft Auto San Andreas game engine.
you want to say that this can not be done because the client SA-MP was not made by developers of the game GTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [J]
Посмотреть сообщение
Because it ain't an official MP said/made by R*.
That ain't the reason, If you've been a total -MP series follower you would know that there was a VC-MP, GTA:Multiplayer .... and a JC-MP and JC2-MP, As he mentioned they're both in steam (I ain't sure about tha) JC2-MP ain't official as well!

I suppose the reason is that GTA:SA is way too out dated, plus I once tried to develop a game on playstation (Just a childish dream or whatever you wanna call it) and When I look Playstations terms My mind blew, Being out dated is probably the reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
That ain't the reason, If you've been a total -MP series follower you would know that there was a VC-MP, GTA:Multiplayer .... and a JC-MP and JC2-MP, As he mentioned they're both in steam (I ain't sure about tha) JC2-MP ain't official as well!

I suppose the reason is that GTA:SA is way too out dated, plus I once tried to develop a game on playstation (Just a childish dream or whatever you wanna call it) and When I look Playstations terms My mind blew, Being out dated is probably the reason
no never , that can not be the reason
cause Counter-Strike 1.6 or Half Life are outdated , too
but too much fans for them
anc actually lots of game that they're older that our GTA SA

JC2-MP is supported by the developers.

Or at-least they don't mind that they've done it (as seen by ******* conversations they've had).

It would be highly illegal to re release the game with SA:MP in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
It would be highly illegal to re release the game with SA:MP in it.
Dumb thing to say. JCMP does not come with the game in it.

Pretty sure its because of the versions.
Hard to explain and too lazy to.

SA-MP doesn't support the Steam version of SA because it started 10 years ago from the first ever PC release of the game, when Steam didn't exist. The mod also isn't officially supported by Rockstar. These two facts mean it'll never be on the Steam store. (but if all you want is the in-game overlay, just run it as a "Non-Steam Game" through Steam)

To compare, Just Cause 2 was only ever released on Steam, so JC2-MP could be built entirely on the Steam version. That mod was supported significantly (and even promoted) by Square Enix.

It would be awesome if SA-MP used only the Steam version because then we'd have the ultimate ban system - SteamIDs. But this would be completely unfair because I would estimate that 90% of people who bought SA didn't buy it on Steam - they probably bought it from a store or elsewhere. And that's just people who bought the game, I'd also estimate that about 90% of SA-MP players are using a pirated copy, and getting rid of so many players would be catastrophic to the community.

I'll also note that I believe one of the reasons Square Enix supported JC2-MP was because it ran only through Steam and therefore only with legitimate copies.