Need help here...

Hello guys! I need some help here, i want to host my server, and my friend told me that he got an old computer with portfoward, and i want to know if this is enough to run a Roleplay server. The specs are:

HDD: 500GB
RAM: 4GB
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.2GHz
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6450 1GB

Sorry for asking this question. But i don't know anything about hosts/pc's.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost110
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello guys! I need some help here, i want to host my server, and my friend told me that he got an old computer with portfoward, and i want to know if this is enough to run a Roleplay server. The specs are:

HDD: 500GB
RAM: 4GB
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.2GHz

Sorry for asking this question. But i don't know anything about hosts/pc's.

Thank you.
You dont need
Quote:

How much mbps is the upload and download speed? Dont know ? test it at http://www.speedtest.net/

And does your ISP provide you a static IP?

Check your upload and download speed.

www.speedtest.net

Hello,

Personally id recommend renting a host just for 1 reason of there is ALOT of DDOS when it comes to SAMP. I must get around 100-200 DDOS attempts per machine in a week from the servers my clients host. During a DDOS your internet would be completely offline meaning it would not only negatively affect the other residents of your house but in the longer term it can also do damage to your router and other networking hardware if certain DDOS methods are uses which can cause data corruption on these devices.

Kind Regards

Jack
SimplyFrag.co.uk Owner

Thank you for the answers. Yes we have a static IP, and here's the test.

Wiki states that 100 players consume roughly 4Mbps of upstream, so that seems to be a good starting point. However, if you have a "heavy" script network traffic will increase because more information is exchanged.

Ok. So i can use it? At least for now right? And wich OS (Windows) should i use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost110
Посмотреть сообщение
Ok. So i can use it? At least for now right? And wich OS (Windows) should i use?
You can run sa-mp server on Windows and Linux.

Oh. Ok. Thanks guys