Long range sniping

Hello
I'll get straight to the point.
I'm having a strange problem when it comes to sniping.it seems like my long distant sniper shots aren't synced at all and cause to the target no damage what so ever,i could have just said it's a problem with 0.3z sync but the weird thing is i've got another computer so i said i'ld give it a shot there,but it worked fine my long range sniper bullets shot and killed my target .i've got no mods installed what so ever on both computers,it only works on server with custom sync system like A/D GM's and such.
would be thankful for any help.

Regards

Have you tried it with lagcomp enabled and disabled?

Have you tried finding at which distance the shots aren't accurate?

And with the bullet, is it just disappearing?

Another one is the server stream rates. I'd hazard a guess that as you're zooming in with the scope, it draws more of the draw distance, and that could be something...

I'd be interested in making some script to check this with you.

Lag comp off will just put me back to the point where i'll have to lead aim,how ever i can see my target's skin applying the "stun animation" when i shoot them from a long range yet no damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha$H_Sexyboy
Посмотреть сообщение
Lag comp off will just put me back to the point where i'll have to lead aim,how ever i can see my target's skin applying the "stun animation" when i shoot them from a long range yet no damage.
Now that's interesting.

As for lead aim, if the player is standing still for testing purposes, does he get hit.

It doesn't need to be on all the time, just for the test.

Can you confirm that your laptop is correctly configured in regards to graphical drivers? Is your draw distance low? Maybe try increasing your draw distance.

Also, can you run this code with your laptop?

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerWeaponShot(playerid, weaponid, hitid, hittype, Float: fX, Float: fY, Float: fZ)
{
      if(weaponid == 34)
      {
            printf("OnPlayerWeaponShot(%d, %d, %d, %d, %f, %f, %f)", playerid, weaponid, hitid, hittype, fX, fY, fZ);
            return true;
      }
      return 1;
}
If this isn't called, then the bullet data is not sent. If it is, then maybe it's a graphical error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Now that's interesting.

As for lead aim, if the player is standing still for testing purposes, does he get hit.

It doesn't need to be on all the time, just for the test.
I've never tested it with lead aim,but my guess that it'll sync since i haven't faced any problems like that before the skin hit came.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you confirm that your laptop is correctly configured in regards to graphical drivers? Is your draw distance low? Maybe try increasing your draw distance.

Also, can you run this code with your laptop?

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerWeaponShot(playerid, weaponid, hitid, hittype, Float: fX, Float: fY, Float: fZ)
{
      if(weaponid == 34)
      {
            printf("OnPlayerWeaponShot(%d, %d, %d, %d, %f, %f, %f)", playerid, weaponid, hitid, hittype, fX, fY, fZ);
            return true;
      }
      return 1;
}
If this isn't called, then the bullet data is not sent. If it is, then maybe it's a graphical error.
I've got both of the computers on the lowest settings,same everything maybe it could be a graphic error as for the code thanks , but my laptop isn't any where near me at this time i'll run it and i'll hit you up

What's your spec(s) on both computers?

Desktop specs : 3 ghz intel proccesor radeon hd 4800 series (old but good) 4gb ram windows 7 pro 64 bit

Laptop specs : 2.8 ghz intel proccesor,nvidia geforce 710m ,4gb ram,windows 7 home premuim 64 bit

I'm sure it's something with the client side. it has nothing to do with my graphic settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD5
Посмотреть сообщение
Then it shouldn't be your graphics that are the problem, it's Client Sided.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure it's something with the client side. it has nothing to do with my graphic settings.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I've never tested it with lead aim,but my guess that it'll sync since i haven't faced any problems like that before the skin hit came.
Test it with LagComp off, if you can't test it with that, then don't keep saying you have the problem.

If you're being suggested to test things, then you should, otherwise, don't ask for help.

Here's the deal, when you zoom in with the sniper rifle, your view position, goes further forward.

So because you are zoomed in and your friend isn't seeing you shoot, you're not getting the hit.

That's what I think anyway.

Further from that, if you can't do what you're being suggested to do, yet keep asking for help,. then people just aren't going to come in and even attempt to help, as when they're making suggestions, and you decline to do it, yet still expect help...

It's pretty hard when people suggest things, and you don't want to even do then due to a feature being turned off, TO TEST, then we're getting no where in trying to help you.

All you need to do, is simply make the change, test it, then remove it... It doesn't have to stay there, doesn't need to be the new "standard" for your game, and it won't affect anyone...

So again, if you can't try anything suggested to you, then don't come asking for help...

And by testing, I don't just mean trying to shoot him a few times and saying it doesn't work.

Try all of below, with lagcomp on, and lagcomp off, and post results here.

(1) Test it by shooting each other as usual. One zoomed in, other not.

(2) Test when both of you can just see each other by normal sight (Without scope, or aiming weapons).

(3) Test with both of you, zoomed in over the same distance to which both of you can see each other via scope, but not without the scopes.

(4) Try lowering the draw distance on the victim and the attacker, and test more with both.

Also if possible, post up your stream settings from server.cfg, as well as a distance reading upon these tests if possible.

All of these checks, will simply give more detail to the situation, and will help you to get the help you need to fix and solve this.

I shall test them later on,but as for the stream settings i don't think it'll help because it's not only 1 server that i'm facing the problem with,but i'll do it when i get a chance
Thanks

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I shall test them later on,but as for the stream settings i don't think it'll help because it's not only 1 server that i'm facing the problem with,but i'll do it when i get a chance
Thanks
Awesome... Just to put reason behind the change in stream settings, it's more to see if these factors affect a hit.

If these servers are all using the same stream settings, then the problem won't be noticed until someone such as you reports it... Some would just brush it off as just a miss, but it just takes one person to say "Why not?" and it'll change.

Good to hear you're into testing this.

I thought we alone had this problem!
Yesterday i realized on a server we have that sniper shots are not synced over 200meters (or sometimes less).

PS: lagcomp is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfie
Посмотреть сообщение
I thought we alone had this problem!
Yesterday i realized on a server we have that sniper shots are not synced over 200meters (or sometimes less).

PS: lagcomp is on.
This is why it's cool to ask once in a while ;P

You just gotta be clear in the problem, and be prepared to test it.

Try the lagcomp change if you can, maybe even follow through with what I've suggested to test it further.

It's good you have a good estimate on the range at which it happens.

Is that 200 meters, is that so far that by normal sight you wouldn't see the player, and zooming in starts to reveal them?