I've been using OVH for a while now because i was constantly DDoS-ed before. Their DDoS mitigation is quite good, but while under attack my server gets laggy and some players timeout. For others who host on OVH does this happen to you too? And what did you do about it? Is there some firewall configuration i can do to bump up my defenses?

Thanks.

where you bought it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostoxide
where you bought it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizion
OVH
OVH..... website

Because OVH protection is good for TCP based services but it sucks for UDP based servers like game servers and voice servers.

The host with the best protection for UDP based services is Voxility.

OVH works fine for my SA-MP servers. Would be interesting to know if the players who do time out are form the same geographical area and/or ISP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
OVH works fine for my SA-MP servers. Would be interesting to know if the players who do time out are form the same geographical area and/or ISP
Afaik ovh canada LSRP 500 players, those on Virgin Media UK have connectivity issues, as do I.
Few Comcast people having issues.

I've seen a couple instances where routing got fucked up on their end and dropped entire regions of the planet for hours. When that happened, I gathered IPs form the people complaining they couldn't get to the SA-MP server and opened a ticket with OVH. They were pretty responsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
I've seen a couple instances where routing got fucked up on their end and dropped entire regions of the planet for hours. When that happened, I gathered IPs form the people complaining they couldn't get to the SA-MP server and opened a ticket with OVH. They were pretty responsive.
What did they say? Currently facing issues.

I run a hosting company, all my servers are based in OVH, france, and yes, it's normal server lagg under strong DDoS Attack.
Because of that, OVH is for last 5 months working on special DDoS protection for Game Servers.. They will probably release it in 2015.