Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

This again.... I saw somewhere(pretty sure it was Kalcor who posted it),

GTA:SA was never meant to handle more than 1 player. Its amazing that SA-MP can handle 2 players, let alone 500-1000. And now you want MORE? There's also other reasons such as players would be empty, it would be a waste of time, etc.

Is there any possibility of making sa-mp work with the steam version of GTA SA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение

GTA:SA was never meant to handle more than 1 player. Its amazing that SA-MP can handle 2 players, let alone 500-1000. And now you want MORE? There's also other reasons such as players would be empty, it would be a waste of time, etc.
It's not hard, just edit the file so it allows more players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение

What do you think samp is supposed to be for? a single player mod? No, you're wrong, it's true that GTA SA is meant to handle only one player, but all mp mods are meant to handle much more, and it is not amazing that sa-mp can handle 2 players.
However, samp should not exceed 1000 player slots orelse it may cause some trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone
Посмотреть сообщение
What do you think samp is supposed to be for? a single player mod? No, you're wrong, it's true that GTA SA is meant to handle only one player, but all mp mods are meant to handle much more, and it is not amazing that sa-mp can handle 2 players.
However, samp should not exceed 1000 player slots orelse it may cause some trouble.
Troubles such as and do you have any proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphus One
Посмотреть сообщение
So are you saying Kalcor should provide those servers with more chances to steal even more players from all other servers? actually I would limit slots to 500, which is way more than enough for a server to be considered "successful" and would mitigate the unfairness and inequality of a few servers having such a high playercount while the vast majority struggle to reach 100 or even less. Also, I have never played in a server with 1k players but I don't want to imagine how spammed the chat must get. And how on Earth could someone manage a server with 1k players?
That's your fault if you can't manage 1k+ players not SAMP's, what players are they stealing? That's your fault too if you couldn't attract players to your server. It's not unfair you're simply doing it wrong. 500 players is not enough for the current server I'm playing.

New dialog and GUI designs, sa-mp launcher with anti-cheat (servers can do it but it needs to be client-sided, and not all download it).

Quote:

native CreateWave(Float: Height, Float: Width);

Higher limits on PlayerTextDraws and vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0minal
View Post
New dialog and GUI designs, sa-mp launcher with anti-cheat (servers can do it but it needs to be client-sided, and not all download it).

Higher limits on PlayerTextDraws and vehicles.
Why a new GUI ? whats wrong with the regular one ?...anyways a GUI for attaching objects on a vehicle would be great. At least its more efficient and yea i hope a sa-mp launcher with anti cheat is possible too.

SetObjectHealth(objectid, Float:health);
GetObjectHealth(objectid, Float:health);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokus
View Post
SetObjectHealth(objectid, Float:health);
GetObjectHealth(objectid, Float:health);
Do it yourself with the help of scripting.

Names are bad, I don't know.

pawn Code:
native TextDrawCanBeHidedWithF7(Text:text, toggle);
native PlayerTextDrawCanBeHidedWithF7(playerid, PlayerText:text, toggle);

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarbod
View Post
Names are bad, I don't know.

pawn Code:
native TextDrawCanBeHidedWithF7(Text:text, toggle);
native PlayerTextDrawCanBeHidedWithF7(playerid, PlayerText:text, toggle);
What about.

pawn Code:
native TextDrawVisibility(Text:text, toggle);
native TextDrawCanBeToggled(playerid, Text:text); // (Used with a button, no need for a status unless you're defining a custom button)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zT KiNgKoNg
View Post
What about.

pawn Code:
native TextDrawVisibility(Text:text, toggle);
native TextDrawCanBeToggled(playerid, Text:text); // (Used with a button, no need for a status unless you're defining a custom button)
When you press f7, it hides the HUD And Radar, good for making movies and .. But some servers has static (player)textdraws. That need to be hiden when player presses f7.

Would be cool if you could run in interiors.

I Don't like using TAB For showing scoreboard.
Maybe changing it to another key. or something like this:

pawn Code:
native ShowScoreBoardForPlayer(playerid);
native HideScoreBoardForPlayer(playerid);
native IsScoreBoardVisibleForPlayer(playerid);
So we can easily control it like this:

Using /scoreboard to show or hide. (If shown, hide. If Hiden, Show it)
pawn Code:
CMD:scoreboard(playerid, params)
{
    (!IsScoreBoardVisibleForPlayer(playerid)) ? ShowScoreBoardForPlayer(playerid) : HideScoreBoardForPlayer(playerid);
    return 1;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarbod
View Post
I Don't like using TAB For showing scoreboard.
Maybe changing it to another key. or something like this:

So we can easily control it like this:

Using /scoreboard to show or hide. (If shown, hide. If Hiden, Show it)
pawn Code:
CMD:scoreboard(playerid, params)
{
    (!IsScoreBoardVisibleForPlayer(playerid)) ? ShowScoreBoardForPlayer(playerid) : HideScoreBoardForPlayer(playerid);
    return 1;
}
TAB is even more convenient than typing a whole command. I don't think going deep over client sided stuffs like these would be a better idea for the upcoming SA-MP updates. Whenever the "GetPlayer" count increases, the network process increases which would lead to a bit lag between the client and SA-MP server.

I think more SA-MP models should be introduced. Like new models for stunt servers and or RP servers.

Models that can be applied to a character such as new phones, watches, hats ect.

Only CJ-Skin
SetPlayerClothes
GetPlayerClothes

Better sync of animations.. Sometimes when you stun people they still shooting.

Dog