[Plugin] YSF - kurta999's version

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
Посмотреть сообщение
- Does ShowPlayerForPlayer make them disappear as if they're in a virtual world?
Yes. I've tested and player disappears. I can't shoot him and touch. After showing him again his skin is 0. After SpawnPlayer() skin changes to that he selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalec
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes. I've tested and player disappears. I can't shoot him and touch. After showing him again his skin is 0. After SpawnPlayer() skin changes to that he selected.
Will be fixed.

They can check from server query. The reason why I added SetMaxPlayers is if you bought a 60slot server, and you use NPC-s, then you can increase/decrese maxplayers ingame depends on your slots + npc-s.

- Does ShowPlayerForPlayer make them disappear as if they're in a virtual world?

Test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurta999
View Post
They can check from server query. The reason why I added SetMaxPlayers is if you bought a 60slot server, and you use NPC-s, then you can increase/decrese maxplayers ingame depends on your slots + npc-s.

Test it.
Servers hosts shouldn't have to check for this. If this is the case, then the plugin deserves to the removed.

Quote:

After showing him again his skin is 0.

I Tested this on localhost (Windows) on a 4 PCs Network. Skin will not be 0 (CJ). I Think you never used SetSpawnInfo. And This function is differences from Virtual World.

Now this plugin is getting even better everyday! How does the pause state function work? I mean how was it coded? Is it hooked to OnPlayerUpdate or It's using an RPC?

Anyways, the time has come to use this plugin.

Are you sure Kalcor agrees with "// Scoreboard manipulation
native TogglePlayerScoresPingsUpdate(playerid, bool:toggle);
native TogglePlayerFakePing(playerid, bool:toggle);
native SetPlayerFakePing(playerid, ping);"

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
Are you sure Kalcor agrees with "// Scoreboard manipulation
native TogglePlayerScoresPingsUpdate(playerid, bool:toggle);
native TogglePlayerFakePing(playerid, bool:toggle);
native SetPlayerFakePing(playerid, ping);"

?
This is not faking server query with false information, so i hope ysf will be not removed,..

If someone know how i should solve FindPatern on linh,shoul i.think this was first and last time that i buy android dwvice.... -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurta999
View Post
This is not faking server query with false information, so i hope ysf will be not removed,..

If someone know how i should solve FindPatern on linh,shoul i.think this was first and last time that i buy android dwvice.... -_-
Kalcor will not appreciate the manipulation of max players AFTER initial load.

I've PMd Kaiser to give his opinion as he is a beta and a host.

What is this hide/show player meant to do? When I tried it, I started doing an animation. Isn't it for being invisible?

RE "SetMaxPlayers":

I don't see that as an issue at all, at least no more so than anything else in YSF may be. That is a value in the server, and is just as valid for being changed as any other value. There is nothing to say "this value is more protected than that value".

Don't forget that hosts can choose what plugins to allow, and if they think one will adversely affect their system they can not allow it, or they can use a modified version that removes the given feature - it is open-source after all.

The idea of being "disrespectful to server hosts" is not the point IMHO, the plugin is there to improve all servers, not to baby-sit hosting companies. I should point out that this is all technically possible from pure PAWN, so even if they disable the plugin or this feature of the plugin you could hide it in your mode anyway. Plugins should not be crippled based on what hosting companies may or may not like - they to me are not a stakeholder in server features!

This is of course all predicated on the rest of the plugin being fine, that is to say setting max players after the server starts is no worse than setting the game mode name after the server starts. And I doubt that Kalcor would single that out any more than any other point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
RE "SetMaxPlayers":

I don't see that as an issue at all, at least no more so than anything else in YSF may be. That is a value in the server, and is just as valid for being changed as any other value. There is nothing to say "this value is more protected than that value".

Don't forget that hosts can choose what plugins to allow, and if they think one will adversely affect their system they can not allow it, or they can use a modified version that removes the given feature - it is open-source after all.

The idea of being "disrespectful to server hosts" is not the point IMHO, the plugin is there to improve all servers, not to baby-sit hosting companies. I should point out that this is all technically possible from pure PAWN, so even if they disable the plugin or this feature of the plugin you could hide it in your mode anyway. Plugins should not be crippled based on what hosting companies may or may not like - they to me are not a stakeholder in server features!

This is of course all predicated on the rest of the plugin being fine, that is to say setting max players after the server starts is no worse than setting the game mode name after the server starts. And I doubt that Kalcor would single that out any more than any other point.
+1 and then some.

I'm on the fence RE: SetMaxPlayers. Y_Less does make a very good point...it is still possible to increase slots from within the script regardless of the plugin being used.

That said, I try to be a nice guy and all but frankly if I catch anyone circumventing the 'system' and increasing their slots beyond what they are paying for...they will immediately be kicked to the curb, no refund. This is just my policy when it comes to SmartBytes, and I don't pretend to speak for any other hosts.

Its like the "Please take just one" candy bowl some people put out for halloween. Yeah, most people only take one piece of candy, but there is always that douche that grabs a handful and fills up. They'll likely get away with it...but in the off-chance they do get caught they should expect a pretty good smack from the person running the candy bowl.

R8 has some really nice functions, good job.

Suggestion: is there any way to disable the F4 key to prevent "returning to class selection after next death"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSlyder
View Post
R8 has some really nice functions, good job.

Suggestion: is there any way to disable the F4 key to prevent "returning to class selection after next death"?
Requires client side modification.

Sure? I thought it was a variable handled by the server.
Edit: I don't aim to disable it completely, just remove the internal callback to OnPlayerRequestClass after OnPlayerDeath after the F4 key has been pressed.

That's possible I believe so.

Where does all this SetMaxPlayers-fuss come from? Isn't it possible for server hosts to automatically check whether the server has more than the purchased amount of slots through timers? If that's the case, suspend his account/service. There, solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
View Post
Where does all this SetMaxPlayers-fuss come from? Isn't it possible for server hosts to automatically check whether the server has more than the purchased amount of slots through timers? If that's the case, suspend his account/service. There, solved.
you can use server query for that

Well R8, is just amazing but yet i'm against slots changing during server run time... i believe it was read only from the start for a reason. Now everyone might use the plugin getting higher slots that usual that was set for them, anyways i really appreciate your works. Also.. if SendBulletData is used on a player will decrease his Health as normal shot? would be nice to catch some hackers.. waiting so hard for the linux main version. Thanks once again