[Map] Tropical Island Map by Aerotactics

Tropical Island
By Aerotactics
About
I mapped this map the other day as a side project, and to assure myself I was capable of mapping an island. Any time I tried in the past, things didn't quite work out. I recently posted pictures of the island on the screenshots forums for feedback. I responded by improving the island's natural features. What you see now is the final product.

Now it's your turn for a journey. The following story will help you start if you want to role play this Island into existence on your server.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are sitting in a bar, enjoying a cold one. There is no more than 10 people in the bar with you. The chilled air gets colder as each person walks through the door from the pouring rain outside.

A man bursts through the front door to everyone's surprise.He holds a thin package, and appears as if to say something, then quickly cancels his statement. You're the first one to speak up.
Quote:

What's your problem buddy?

The man stops and stares deep into your eyes, as if he has chosen you. Under his drunken stupor, you can make out the following words.
Quote:

...find it...the island...lost...

Taking his words into consideration, you look at him and ask about his package.
Quote:

...island...proof...

He sits down at the bar and quickly passes out sitting up. You reach for his package.

You open the package.

Inside is a letter about the island from someone who must have known the drunken man. It starts to describe the scenery of the island, but then starts turning into jumbled nonsense. The package also had a couple pictures of the island. You put the package down and look to the drunken man, who is now on the floor. A folded piece of paper sits on the bar where he once sat.

You pick up the paper, unfold it, and see this strange arrangement of letters.
Code:
 A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z
 C|P|A|Z|H|L|U|E|J|I|Q|F|O|S|M|B|K|T|N|R|G|Y|X|W|V|D
You look back at the letter and see a couple lines that are circled.
Quote:

XEHS VMG CTTJYH CR FMNNCSRMN JSRHTSCRJMSCF,RCQH C AEMBBHT RMXCTZN REH NMGRE.
LFV MYHT REH RETJZ ECSUHT CR FMNNCSRMN JSRHTSCRJMSCF, CSZ AMSRJSGH MS GSRJF REH JNFCSZ BHCQN MYHT REH EMTJDMS.

Next to the sentences, there is simply a note saying "Location."

You leave the bar with the note and package.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pictures

Download:
AMX:Mediafire
PWN: Mediafire

Why am I not releasing the .pwn with the release of the map? Simply because it holds spoilers, and if you plan on downloading this map, you'd want it to be a true adventure. If you want the source, it will be linked within the dates given. That's ~5 days for you to enjoy the map sincerely. (If a moderator feels that date should be immediate, please message me before removing the post and I will make the appropriate changes.)

Conclusion
Have you enjoyed the adventure? If not, I 'll just release maps and tell you ALL the spoilers. Shall I do another? I enjoyed this map, and would love to build a new island that's as close to life-size as possible if you guys want another, else, I'll just stick to scripting and small maps.

It's okay, although you should've put some of the trees little deeper in the ground so they're not all the same height.

8/10.

8/10 Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
It's okay, although you should've put some of the trees little deeper in the ground so they're not all the same height.

8/10.
Good point, will apply that for future maps

Nice map... but next time can you please spend your time in mapping more then writing details?

Nice map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuntun
View Post
Nice map... but next time can you please spend your time in mapping more then writing details?
What you see is only half the map

Updated

Hmm good job buddy

Not bad!