"Unable to execute"

Good day,

I'm having rather interesting error with my sa-mp. Some months ago I upgraded to windows 7 ultimate edition, and today I reinstalled san andreas and sa-mp since I felt like playing it. I have the original copy of it, it's EU version 2.0 which I already downgraded to 1.0 but it did not help at all. When I choose any server and then try to connect there, I get the following message: "Unable to execute" ****** wasn't much of a help, all I could basically find was people telling to reinstall san andreas&sa-mp or try running it on compability mode, and I've tried all of these but they have not fixed the issue. I have also made sure my firewall isn't blocking sa-mp.

Furthermore Single Player works perfectly fine, the issue is definitely with sa-mp itself. Other interesting thing is that when I try reinstalling sa-mp from the unistaller, it gives me this error: "---------------------------
NSIS Error
---------------------------
Error launching installer
OK
"

Only way to remove sa-mp is by doing it manually. When I try reinstalling sa-mp, it gives me this message:

"San Andreas Multiplayer 0.3z-R1 SetupError opening file for writing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe Click Abort to stop the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file. --------------------------- Abort Retry Ignore --------------------------- -

I'm out of ideas at the moment, any help is appreciated.

You Must Reinstall your OS. This is just the way!

When installing.just press ignore

You could try changing compability mode to windows98/me or moving the game to other disk amd renameing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
View Post
When installing.just press ignore
Yes I have tried that option, if I do that, I still get the same "unable to execute" error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
View Post
You could try changing compability mode to windows98/me or moving the game to other disk amd renameing it.
I tried all the possible compability modes, with no luck. I tried the renaming thing too, I heard adding "2" on the name should fix it for some people, but that did not work for me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyokie
View Post
you need to remove your mods or anything that can couse in Error or problem.

I do not have any mods installed, as I mentioned before, this is the clean copy of gta san andreas that I bought from a store. It worked fine on xp when I installed it, but it's not working with windows 7 ultimate edition, for some reason.

Download the SA-MP from Main Page and try. Also, have you have SA-MP installed already? Then Un-install it before Installing the New Version.
Did it worked on the last version? [0.3x]

FrameWork download pls.

I was able to fix this issue, the problem was caused by a program called comodo, it's an additional firewall that I am using on my computer. I usually shut it down when I install some trusted game because I simply can't stand how many times it warns that the game I'm installing is making changes to program/system files and asks whether I should allow it or not.

It wasn't running when I installed sa-mp the first time so I don't understand how it was still able to block sa-mp from running, all I know is that when I had it running and reinstalled sa-mp again, it asked permission whether to allow sa-mp or not, after choosing "allow" it's working perfectly fine now.

Thank you all for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyokie
View Post
i think you need download

This: > SA-MP 0.3z Client Mirror by littlewhiteys.co.uk
>SA-MP 0.3z Client Mirror by SA-MP Team
>SA-MP 0.3z Client Mirror by gta-sa-mp.de forums
>SA-MP 0.3z Client Mirror by Everystuff server
The problem is fixed already for him as he told before. :c