What runs samp best?

Looking forward to buy a VPS.

Host owners/ VPS users.. What runs samp best?

CentOS, Debian or Ubuntu

If you buy from simle host which have 6/8/12 core CPU, and host will give access for every CPU core, then it will run better than you buy a VPS with 4core.

Anyway I think Debian, everywhere in my country I see they use Debian. I would use Debian.
(Sorry for this idiot post, I had misunderstood what you wanted..)

There should be little difference. I personally choose CentOS, but Debian-based OS's such as Ubuntu are good too. Just make sure that if you intend to get less than 4GB of RAM you go 32-bit, so that less resources are consumed.

The OS isn't what you should be worried about. You should only worry about the hardware specifications (processor, RAM, disk space) and the network (dl/ul speeds, bandwidth). All of that will be dependent on your requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent94
Посмотреть сообщение
There should be little difference. I personally choose CentOS, but Debian-based OS's such as Ubuntu are good too. Just make sure that if you intend to get less than 4GB of RAM you go 32-bit, so that less resources are consumed.

The OS isn't what you should be worried about. You should only worry about the hardware specifications (processor, RAM, disk space) and the network (dl/ul speeds, bandwidth). All of that will be dependent on your requirements.
The VPS has the following specs:

CPU
13.6 GHz

RAM
2048 MB (2GB)

SSD CACHED DISK
50 GB

BANDWIDTH
2048 GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
The VPS has the following specs:

CPU
13.6 GHz

RAM
2048 MB (2GB)

SSD CACHED DISK
50 GB

BANDWIDTH
2048 GB
Not bad. I don't know what you plan to use the VPS for, but if it's for a small game server and/or website, you should have absolutely no problems with it. You can have quite a decently sized SA-MP server with those specs IMO.

May I ask what you may use it for (if you don't mind of course)? Depending on what your needs are, I could better understand if those specs are good enough (though chances are it's sufficient).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent94
Посмотреть сообщение
Not bad. I don't know what you plan to use the VPS for, but if it's for a small game server and/or website, you should have absolutely no problems with it. You can have quite a decently sized SA-MP server with those specs IMO.

May I ask what you may use it for (if you don't mind of course)? Depending on what your needs are, I could better understand if those specs are good enough (though chances are it's sufficient).
A SA-MP server and a website. I'm pretty sure it is more than enough. I remember I ran two servers and a website with these specs but they were on Debian. So I was wondering if there will be a huge difference if I go with Ubuntu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
A SA-MP server and a website. I'm pretty sure it is more than enough. I remember I ran two servers and a website with these specs but they were on Debian. So I was wondering if there will be a huge difference if I go with Ubuntu.
Oh, okay. Don't worry, the OS won't make a difference. Ubuntu is based off Debian anyway. Good luck with your server!

Debian/Ubuntu would do. For web server I suggest you to use nginx.

2GB Ram, are more then enough.
Debian/Ubuntu would run it better, as someone above me said.

The distribution doesnt really make a difference for samp. The only possible problem is the mysql plugin, but this can make problems on any distribution depending on your setup.
Usually you dont use Ubuntu for hosting. Anyways, if you like it for some reason it will also do the job.