I've done everything and still get "Retrieving info..."

Hello, a couple of months back we had one ISP, and at that time I could open SA-MP servers and my friends would just see them on my external IP and connect, didn't have to port forward or anything, the port opened automatically when I opened the server and closed when I shut the server down. Only negative thing was that my IP was dynamic.

Now that I've changed ISP however, and gotten a new router (D-Link DSL-2750B), to a much better ISP where I get better speed and such, and I also have a static IP, my server won't work. I've port forwarded in the router like I'm supposed to (I had to port forward my internal ip, external one wouldn't work), I've disabled my firewall and I've even tried putting my internal IP behind a DMZ (couldn't put the external behind it) but that wouldn't work either. When I try connecting to my external IP it just doesn't work. If I try to bind the server.cfg to my external ip I will get an error message saying "Unable to start port on my.external.ip.hidden:7777. Port in use?".

I've checked with PFPortChecker, it says that the port is open, but I still get Retrieveing info.

If I activate my firewall however, I will get a message that the port is open but it can't ping the router, I still get Retrieving info however.

Please help me, I can't figure out what's wrong and I don't want to use Hamachi or other programs like it.

Did you check the 7777 UDP port or just TCP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman
View Post
Did you check the 7777 UDP port or just TCP?
I've forwarded 7777 both as a TCP port and as an UDP port, and it is open for both TCP and UDP when I check it, but my friends or I still can't see the server on the external ip.

Are you trying to host dedicated or just for fun? If for dedicated, move to a Hosted Server instead of your own home computer.
Tip: Take the photos down and black out your IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_William
View Post
Are you trying to host dedicated or just for fun? If for dedicated, move to a Hosted Server instead of your own home computer.
Tip: Take the photos down and black out your IP.
Nothing too serious, just hosting a server for my friends to play on, I don't want to pay money every month for a hosted server though.

Ah do eny of you guys have skype Because im wanting 100 or more people on my server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodske
View Post
Ah do eny of you guys have skype Because im wanting 100 or more people on my server
And I forgot First 15 get admin/Helper/Factions Pick and choose and 20 more in Factions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodske
View Post
And I forgot First 15 get admin/Helper/Factions Pick and choose and 20 more in Factions
What?....
That spells trouble for your server already.
Don't ask for help on someone else topic. Make your own.