SA-MP using a lot of CPU

Since a couple of days, SA-MP seems to be using up a lot of my CPU (up to 100%). Whenever I start any server, it goes crazy for some reason. The little light underneath my power button goes red without blinking (which it is supposed to do when processing things). When I pause the game however, my PC goes back to normal. But soon as I unpause, it goes crazy again. After 15-20 minutes (average) the game freezes and I have no choice but to use Task manager to close the whole thing.

I've never had this issue before. It just seems weird that it happened out of nothing. I did not make any changes to the game or my PC recently. This is the only game it happens to. I tried re-installing SA and SA-MP (both 0.3x and 0.3z), but nothing worked.

Any tips, or has this happened to other people?

Not doing this for me... Can you give a list of your computer specifications?

I just copied the things I could find atm (I'm not a pro in these things), let me know if you need more. But like I said, never had issues in the two years I have it, until now.

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Systemtype: x64-based PC
Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5700 @3.00GHz, 3003 MHz, 2 core('s), 2 logical processor(s)
Graphics card: Intel® G41 Express Chipset
Physical memory: 3,00 GB
Virtual memory: 5,87 GB
Hard disk drive: 916 GB (844 GB available)

Go to Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP and open up the sa-mp file. What value do you have for "multicore"?

Does this happen in the regular GTA SA?

It may be your video card, usually I don't hear much when it comes to CPU maxing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
Go to Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP and open up the sa-mp file. What value do you have for "multicore"?
multicore=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceTutorialz
View Post
Does this happen in the regular GTA SA?

It may be your video card, usually I don't hear much when it comes to CPU maxing out.
I haven't played regular SA in a long while. I checked it out and it does happen there too.

Does this happen with any other games?

No, SA is the only game it happens to, and only since a couple of days.

Edit: Just checked out Intel's website. I used their auto-detecting service, and it turned out that my graphics card did have some outdated software. So I installed the latest, rebooted my computer, but still having the same issue.

So I decided to re-install SA one last time, only this time in a different location. Instead of C:\Program Files (x86), I used C:\Program Files. This has fixed the problem I had with the game, everything runs like it did before. Easy fix for such an annoying issue. Thanks for your help guys.