Client Bug: samp:// URL problem.

I've known this bug for a long time but haven't posted it, and I haven't seen a thread about it yet.

If you connect from a url like 'samp://ip.ip.ip' it will ask you whether you want to directly connect to the server, or you want to add the server to favorites. If you click 'add to favorites', and you have SA-MP running, it will say 'SA-MP is already running.'

This is only a little bit of an inconvenience, because you have to close SA-MP before clicking on one of those links.

Try me. samp://127.0.0.1:1337

EDIT: Even if you press cancel it will say that.

Confirmed. It is quite disturbing sometimes when I'm adding some new servers to my list.

Confirmed. I find it rather annoying.

Confirmed. I find it annoying as well

Confirmed quite annoying

Bumping for 0.3x!

Idk why, but when I click it, it opens me a new tab called "Untitled".

Bumping for 0.3z!

Conformed, it can be pretty annoying.

It's not a bug, It's there to stop players from double accounting on servers.

What kye could do is to do it like some other programs that the already opened browser window gets focused instead of popping up that message or opening another instance since it already detected one instance to be running (so that you see the browser)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelize
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not a bug, It's there to stop players from double accounting on servers.
Sure - but the URLs shouldn't do this .. It is a bug.

Bumping for 0.3.7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchurmanCQC
Посмотреть сообщение
Sure - but the URLs shouldn't do this .. It is a bug.
The URL's shouldn't do what? It's not a bug, how-ever the fact is the URL protocol handling isn't handled the way you want it to be. It requires something you have to do, which is close samp.exe if running.

I'd try posting this in the suggestions thread: since it isn't a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
The URL's shouldn't do what? It's not a bug, how-ever the fact is the URL protocol handling isn't handled the way you want it to be. It requires something you have to do, which is close samp.exe if running.

I'd try posting this in the suggestions thread: since it isn't a bug.
For the second time, this is a bug.

Have you not tried it?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
For the second time, this is a bug.

Have you not tried it?
Why is it a bug? It's SUPPOSED to give that message! It is SUPPOSED to, that means it is working correctly!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Why is it a bug? It's SUPPOSED to give that message! It is SUPPOSED to, that means it is working correctly!
Jeez man.

If you try to launch SA-MP from a link and SA-MP is open, you get an error saying 'SA-MP is already running.' That is an inconvenience.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Jeez man.

If you try to launch SA-MP from a link and SA-MP is open, you get an error saying 'SA-MP is already running.' That is an inconvenience.
My point exactly. This section is for bug reports solely, not inconviences that can't be classified as a bug. This should go in a suggestion thread, not as a bug report.

If you feel like this should be changed then you can try posting here, and hope Kalcor sees it:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=559607
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=302201

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
My point exactly. This section is for bug reports solely, not inconviences that can't be classified as a bug. This should go in a suggestion thread, not as a bug report.

If you feel like this should be changed then you can try posting here, and hope Kalcor sees it:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=559607
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=302201
I'm not even gonna try with you anymore, dude.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not even gonna try with you anymore, dude.
I am not aiming to come out rude, nor set this thread off-task, how-ever as far as I know this isn't a bug, and it's been scripted this way for a reason.

Simply put: Wrong section, it's not a bug.
(Again, I am not aiming to be rude at all, sorry if I come across that way).