Connectivity?

-
I've always heard people fighting about how terrible RakNet is and what not. Is SA:MP ever going to figure out their own style of connectivity? Or simply always use it?

Who knows?

Well, no. Firstly, crafting things like RakNet require YEARS of experience, hard work and dedication. You also need to keep track of things like the connectivity from the player to the server, packets, and other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, no. Firstly, crafting things like RakNet require YEARS of experience, hard work and dedication. You also need to keep track of things like the connectivity from the player to the server, packets, and other things.
I believe something could be done. I mean, of course it would take work. But with great patience comes great things.

Why devote hundreds of man-hours to creating something identical to Raknet, when it already exists and is usable?
Those hours can be spent far more productively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
Why devote hundreds of man-hours to creating something identical to Raknet, when it already exists and is usable?
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ent
Посмотреть сообщение
You didn't take your time to read. I didn't mean literally a copy of Raknet. Just, something more useful for SA:MP.

Yeah, I agree with Akira297. What he/she is saying is completely understandable, maybe by using SA:MPs own connection handler, desync could finally be reduced and gameplay improved massively with better connections to servers etc... It's all well and good saying
Quote:

But Desync has to be one of the most talked about issue since SA:MP first originated, but hasn't really had to much work around on fixing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolated
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I agree with Akira297. What he/she is saying is completely understandable, maybe by using SA:MPs own connection handler, desync could finally be reduced and gameplay improved massively with better connections to servers etc... It's all well and good saying

But Desync has to be one of the most talked about issue since SA:MP first originated, but hasn't really had to much work around on fixing it.
This. - This is someone who takes the time in reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolated
Посмотреть сообщение

Lag-shooting and lag-ramming are skills that you learn over time through SA-MP and I think it's actually quite a cool feature, regardless of whether or not it is supposed to be that way.

Participating in deathmatches and such actually requires a bit of skill, which encourages people to play more and learn more about it.

Personally I would be pretty sad if the lag was ever "fixed". It's what makes SA-MP, SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
Personally I would be pretty sad if the lag was ever "fixed". It's what makes SA-MP, SA-MP.
Yes^ I couldn't imagine SA-MP without the desync issues :P I've actually grown to love them, even though they are a pain in the ass. It's a love/hate thing <3

lag != desync

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI
Посмотреть сообщение
lag != desync
Exactly. Desync issues get rather annoying.