DirectX 11 not backwards compatible?

Well, I installed Win 8.1 Core x86, and then GTA:SA & SA:MP. And then, I tried to run it but Windows Features says that DirectPlay is missing (It is under DirectX 9). I attempted to install it at first for fun, but just as I expected, it didn't install. And then, on my second try, I skipped the features thing and then GTA:SA told me that I need DirectX 9. I ran dxdiag and found that I have DirectX 11. I heard future versions have backward compatibility, so I didn't get it at all. On my third time, I deleted gta_sa.set and attempted to run it, while skipping the features thing again, still didn't work.

I downloaded and tried to install DirectX 9, but it wasn't supposed for Win 8 OS.

I have set them all (samp.exe, gta_sa.exe) as 'Run as Administrators', and also disabled Windows Firewall.

I searched about this issue on ******, all I got was mouse problems, no drivers and all other crap.

I also re-installed SA-MP and GTA:SA.

If I were you I would get the direct 'Direct X' given from the CD for it has the setup.exe. If that ends up failing let me know.

Well, it won't install at all because it keeps on saying that it supports older windows versions but not 8.

I took some time to do some research... I'm going to quote it to make sure I don't break any rules.

Код:
QUOTE (ThaRealRLP @ Thursday, Nov 22 2012, 02:04)
64-bit Windows 8 in its final release doesn't play nice with GTA SA at all because of the dreaded mouse bug that has plagued this game on 64-bit Vista and 7. On my end, I even tried the Win98/Me compatibility mode and that didn't work. (Hell I even tried Windows 95 but got the "Grand Theft Auto SA cannot run on Windows 95" error)

I think this'll help. This did for me.

While googling for a solution I came across this: http://preferredbypete.com/video-games/3...6621088The person that made this thread mentioned getting a different version of the dinput8.dll file and replacing it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, but this could have a certain effect on other games, so this isn't a recommended fix.

So I thought "Why not take this dinput8.dll file and put it in the GTA San Andreas directory instead?"

I obtained the dinput8.dll file on dll-files (the same version could be in one of the DirectX cab archives on the San Andreas DVD, not sure), put it in the GTA San Andreas directory, and voila, the mouse worked 100% both in the menus and in-game (so far).

Doing this would allow the game to work properly without setting the compatibility mode or anything like that. I can't really say this'll work for everyone, but it works for me.

Doing a search here, I did discover others that have tried this, but I thought I'd make this more widespread so others can try this and hopefully fix GTA SA if they're having issues playing it in Windows 8.

This is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I've been trying for weeks to figure out how to fix the mouse problem on Windows 8. Changing the compatibility to XP/Vista/Win98 didn't do a thing. I even edited my registry in hopes that it would fix the problem, but nothing happened. 

Then I found ThaRealRLP comment and thought, how the hell will putting the dll in SA's directory do anything? Well to my amazement it in fact fixed the problem, and I signed up to this website just to thank him and confirm this fix. 

So Mr. ThaRealRLP, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. <3

The dinput8.dll can be found here:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?dinput8

download the zip file, not the fixer.
Or... -

Код:
The problem of the game don't recognize the directx  is easy to fix... go to control painel/Program and features click on it and go to Turm features of windows on or off, look for LEGACY COMPONENTS select them and install after this alot old games works like charm.

The driver problem got fixed, but now SA:MP crashes after it loads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
The driver problem got fixed, but now SA:MP crashes after it loads.
Stupid question;

Any modifications or anything modifying your game-play? CLEO's or what not.. ?

Nope, it's newly installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
Nope, it's newly installed
Had the same issue, renaming the gta sa directory did the trick for me(the heck, i dont know why in the world this would fix it, but it really worked(for me) for some crazy reason...)