AnySamp - Want to test some new free hosting concept?

Hi,

Im looking for a bunch of people for testing my new panel/hosting concept. AnySamp is my current project to bring some free samp hosting. However theres something special about it. You dont just register and do what you like, but you register and do what you like for a limited time. The total runtime of servers is limited (just the time your server is running counts), and once this is used up, you cant start the server again. Sounds stupid, doesnt it? If you know my intention it will at least sound a bit less stupid: Free hosting is a rather two-sided thing. At the one hand, professional hosting costs almost nothing, and about everyone got access to hosting. At the other hand, getting a server sometimes is complicated, and for some hosters you need to pay for a month or even more in advance. If you then notice that your server sucks, or you dont like running one, youll have wasted a month of money.
This is where AnySamp comes in. Just register, setup your server, and test it for some days. If it runs well, you can switch to a paid hoster, if it doesnt, youve lost nothing.
Why shouldnt you use the other 24/7 free hosters? I really dont know. Well, they might have some more trouble with kids and attacks. I mostly made this for fun and to make something, I dont care if someone uses it or not. Though it would be more fun if this gets used of course.

There are however ideas for ways to increase ones runtime limit (up to being able to run a server 24/7). But for the moment Ill leave them aside.

Some might remember I offered free hosting for a while some time ago. I stopped it for several reasons. Now I was bored for a while, and wanted to do some webdevelopement again. Hosting samp servers is a quite nice thing to do if you like webdevelopement, as it includes a whole bunch of different aspects.
My previous panel sucked asses and didnt fit to my new plans. The new one also sucks, right now there is no website design at all, its just a bare set of text pages and links that build the whole panel (you may know that im a horrible webdesigner, but Ill also try a neat design later).

Right now im at a stage where I could use some tests. Thats why I made that thread. If you think you could use a server for some tests, feel free to register. But note that I set some requirements (just like last time I was hosting). Currently, you need to be registered here for at least 4 months, else you cant register. This is checked by entering your forum user id during the registration (it is explained there how to get that id). To prevent multiaccounting you also need to verify that forum user id by sending me a pm (also explained there). If you test it now, you dont need to fear to lose your hosting time. It is limited to 24 hours at first, but this is a test, so it will be changed and reset frequently. If you need that limit increased or decreased for testing, just let me know.

Got your attention?
Then register fast and get a server: AnySamp.mauzen.org
The number of servers is limited to 20 for the test, 8 servers might run at the same time (for now, at least).

For sure some things will not work properly, or bug. Dont use this for serious hosting, but just for testing. You might also lose your data if something is buggy. Leave general feedback here in the thread, but for specific bugs send me a PM please.

To get things running: the first 10 guys who verify and register a server will get some nice extra hosting time once this launches officially, in addition to the bonus all testers get anyways.

Edit: Increased the max number of running servers to 8, VPS is still fine.

Located in Germany server?

So we can't run server forever? Someone might just run at home then :S

Perfect concept ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
Located in Germany server?

So we can't run server forever? Someone might just run at home then :S
Yep, its in germany.
Sure, homehosting would work. But seriously, how can you check if players like your server, if they got 400+ ping?
Homehosting mostly is a rather poor attempt to get free unlimited hosting. And as we know barely any homehosting server goes well. AnySamp is just to make the decision whether to buy a host or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Yep, its in germany.
Sure, homehosting would work. But seriously, how can you check if players like your server, if they got 400+ ping?
Homehosting mostly is a rather poor attempt to get free unlimited hosting. And as we know barely any homehosting server goes well. AnySamp is just to make the decision whether to buy a host or not.
Oh, I understand now lol

I knew you wouldn't be away from this for a long time.
Everyone who starts it, gets addicted to it.

I hope to see everything running perfectly, as well you have a great start up!

Good luck with this.

I will help you to test it! if you want.! & Good luck!

Thanks to everyone who wants to help!

Gmail accounts seem to have problems receiving the activation mail. Got no solution yet, its probably about ******s spam filter. For now, Ill confirm all gmail addresses by hand, theres not much you need a valid mail for anyways yet.

The problem with server registration is fixed now, had some stuff still commented out from testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks to everyone who wants to help!

Gmail accounts seem to have problems receiving the activation mail. Got no solution yet, its probably about ******s spam filter. For now, Ill confirm all gmail addresses by hand, theres not much you need a valid mail for anyways yet.

The problem with server registration is fixed now, had some stuff still commented out from testing.
If ever need any assistance with this whole idea let me know.