Problem with Speedometer

I was in the midst of making an accurate speedometer for getting exact top speeds of vehicles with or without NOS, for anti speed hack purposes.

I started with a timer, that checked every 500 milliseconds (half second) for the current position. With that I used the 3D coordinate distance formula of:

Код:
D = SquareRootOf( [(X2-X)*(X2-X)] + [(Y2-Y)*(Y2-Y)] + [(Z2-Z)*(Z2-Z)] )
To measure exactly how long 1 San Andreas Measuring Unit (SAMU) was I teleported a friend to be 1 SAMU west of me and we measured the distance between heads. Conclusive of about 3.5 feet.

So 'D' * 3.5 was our answer to Feet per/Half Second. I multiplied that by 7200 (2 Halfs of a second times 60 seconds in a minute times 60 minutes in an hour) and divided that by 5280 (feet per mile). What I discovered was the CJ ran an average of about 17 MPH! That just barely beats the human sustained speed record (over 4 hours). The NRG at full speed clocked at around a normal (but surprisingly slow) 105 MPH average.

When my friend clocked it however, he was driving at 200+ MPH. I assumed it was due to the lag (server is on my laptop). So I made a formula to go to OnPlayerUpdate instead of per Half Second. What I did was:

Код:
(D * 3.5) * [1000 / (GetTickCount() - OldTickCount)] * 3600
the [1000 / (GetTickCount() - OldTickCount)] should be how many ticks it would have taken to reach 1 second times the 3600 (60 seconds per minute times 60 minutes per hour).

What I had instead of accurate speedometer was a crazed speedometer reading number far over and changing at spastic speeds.

Anyone have any ideas what happened?

Units are meters (1 meter ~= 3.3 feets)

Okay, doesn't solve the issue though.

EDIT* Why would they make it 1 meter? The game is based in America and Rockstar North is based in America. Seems to me like they would use the Imperial System instead of Metric

It doesn't matter where they are located.. Meter is the distance unit of the international system of units.

Hmm, it seems like the right formula. What would cause it to reach outrageous numbers though?

Код:
public SpeedOMeter() {
	new
		Float:distance,
		Speed,
		distance2;
	foreachEx(i) {
	  if(PlayerInfo[i][bSpeedo]) {
			GetPlayerPos(i,PlayerInfo[i][fnX],PlayerInfo[i][fnY],PlayerInfo[i][fnZ]);
			if(IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(i)) {
				PlayerInfo[i][foX]-=PlayerInfo[i][fnX];
				PlayerInfo[i][foY]-=PlayerInfo[i][fnY];
				PlayerInfo[i][foZ]-=PlayerInfo[i][fnZ];
				distance=(PlayerInfo[i][foX] * PlayerInfo[i][foX]) + (PlayerInfo[i][foY] * PlayerInfo[i][foY]) + (PlayerInfo[i][foZ] * PlayerInfo[i][foZ]);
				distance2=floatround(floatpower(distance,0.5)*3600);
				#if defined DISPLAY_MODE_TD
				switch(PlayerInfo[i][speedo_type]) {
					case KMH: {
	   				Speed=floatround(distance2/1000);
						format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"%d Kmh",Speed);
					}
					case MPH: {
	   				Speed=floatround(distance2/1609);
						format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"%d Mph",Speed);
					}
				}
				TextDrawSetString(PlayerInfo[i][PlayerDraw],DisplayString);
				#else
						Speed=floatround(distance2/1000);//KMH
						format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~%d Kmh",Speed);
					}
						Speed=floatround(distance2/1609); //MPH
						format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~%d Mph",Speed);
					}
				}
				GameTextForPlayer(i,DisplayString,gSpeedOMeterUpdate_GT,3);
				#endif
			}
			PlayerInfo[i][foX]=PlayerInfo[i][fnX];
			PlayerInfo[i][foY]=PlayerInfo[i][fnY];
			PlayerInfo[i][foZ]=PlayerInfo[i][fnZ];
		}
	}
	return 1;
}

public SpeedName() {
	new
		Float:distance,
		Speed,
		distance2;
	foreachEx(i) {
		if(PlayerInfo[i][bSpeedo]) {
			GetPlayerPos(i,PlayerInfo[i][fnX],PlayerInfo[i][fnY],PlayerInfo[i][fnZ]);
			if(IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(i)) {
				sCurrentZoneName=GetXYZZoneName(PlayerInfo[i][fnX],PlayerInfo[i][fnY],PlayerInfo[i][fnZ]);
				PlayerInfo[i][foX]-=PlayerInfo[i][fnX];
				PlayerInfo[i][foY]-=PlayerInfo[i][fnY];
				PlayerInfo[i][foZ]-=PlayerInfo[i][fnZ];
				distance=(PlayerInfo[i][foX] * PlayerInfo[i][foX]) + (PlayerInfo[i][foY] * PlayerInfo[i][foY]) + (PlayerInfo[i][foZ] * PlayerInfo[i][foZ]);
				distance2=floatround(floatpower(distance,0.5)*3600);
				#if defined DISPLAY_MODE_TD
						Speed=floatround(distance2/1000); //KMH
				 		format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"%s ~n~ %d Kmh",sCurrentZoneName,Speed);
					}
						Speed=floatround(distance2/1609);// MPH
				 		format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"%s ~n~ %d Mph",sCurrentZoneName,Speed);
					}
				}
				TextDrawSetString(PlayerInfo[i][PlayerDraw],DisplayString);
				#else
						Speed=floatround(distance2/1000); //KMH
				 		format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ %s ~n~ %d Kmh",sCurrentZoneName,Speed);
					}
						Speed=floatround(distance2/1609);// MPH
				 		format(DisplayString,sizeof(DisplayString),"~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ ~n~ %s ~n~ %d Mph",sCurrentZoneName,Speed);
					}
				}
				GameTextForPlayer(i,DisplayString,gSpeedNameUpdate_GT,3);
				#endif
	  		}
	 		PlayerInfo[i][foX]=PlayerInfo[i][fnX];
			PlayerInfo[i][foY]=PlayerInfo[i][fnY];
			PlayerInfo[i][foZ]=PlayerInfo[i][fnZ];
		}
	}
	return 1;
}
Dont know if this helps but its a speedometer from a filterscript i installed ,its found in gAdmin located in filterscripts section,it shows speedometer when you are driving ,and i wonder if it shows it when you spec someone?