Request, the community is begging for this! Anti Cheat! (proper one)

Hi, call this begging, call this a request. But fact is that cheaters are getting the overhand on sa-mp. I calculated that we set over 3000 bans everyday on just one server!

Also the cheats are getting nastier and nastier, for example they can now control your car. Making it hard to pick out the cheater. They can now teleport you to one point and kill you. It is just hell...

I SERIOUSLY HOPE you guys will start putting some effort in anti cheat, block files, make an ani cheat.. hell make a game-id system so we don't have to range entire isp's out!

An example of what happend yesterday on my server:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RbomGWRatF8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipy
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi, call this begging, call this a request. But fact is that cheaters are getting the overhand on sa-mp. I calculated that we set over 3000 bans everyday on just one server!

Also the cheats are getting nastier and nastier, for example they can now control your car. Making it hard to pick out the cheater. They can now teleport you to one point and kill you. It is just hell...

I SERIOUSLY HOPE you guys will start putting some effort in anti cheat, block files, make an ani cheat.. hell make a game-id system so we don't have to range entire isp's out!

An example of what happend yesterday on my server:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RbomGWRatF8
3000 cheat bans per day on one server? I don't think so, dude.

I saw the video and I quite understand what your saying. Actually Potassium, I don't think it was 3000 bans per day like you say but I kinda think this is real serious. Cause it happened to me recently. Hackers are getting more powerful but that is why also Community owners hire administrators but if you say they can't be found then that's something I think SA-MP might help out with. Lucky you recorded evidence.

3000 seems to be a reasonable amount for a very large server. At Mini-Missions we have about 10 bans per hour, 240 per day, with an average of 60 players. An average 800 player server, 3000+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
3000 seems to be a reasonable amount for a very large server. At Mini-Missions we have about 10 bans per hour, 240 per day, with an average of 60 players. An average 800 player server, 3000+.
And what percentage of SA-MP servers have an average of 800 players? Very little. So it's completely irrelevant.

Many topics about this issue have been done, including one by me and not a single fuck was given tbh.
The only decent anticheat we had for SA-MP was made by Whitetiger for ESL matches, which integrated ESL Wire Anticheat.
Although, people still cheated there (and got banned) and therefore the community there was so reduced we couldnt keep the SA-MP section open there.

Conclusion: Even if you make a pro anticheat and all, people will still try to cheat and communities will be reduced to ashes, because this new generation of faggots (or simply put: newfags) either have no brains at all or want everything for themselves without hard work and respect for the other, cheating is better.

It doesn't really depend on the anticheat but on the community itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablosrouge
Посмотреть сообщение
Many topics about this issue have been done, including one by me and not a single fuck was given tbh.
The only decent anticheat we had for SA-MP was made by Whitetiger for ESL matches, which integrated ESL Wire Anticheat.
Although, people still cheated there (and got banned) and therefore the community there was so reduced we couldnt keep the SA-MP section open there.

Conclusion: Even if you make a pro anticheat and all, people will still try to cheat and communities will be reduced to ashes, because this new generation of faggots (or simply put: newfags) either have no brains at all or want everything for themselves without hard work and respect for the other, cheating is better.

It doesn't really depend on the anticheat but on the community itself.
Actually Diablosrouge, you really do have a point. Its true.

We need SAC (SAMP AntiCheat) to be rebuild again and stop those shitty cheaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
Посмотреть сообщение
It was a service similar to Valve's Anti Cheat (VAC). It detected cheaters and banned them globally.

Cheater-base is increasing within SA:MP indeed. And it's getting pretty annoying.

We'll see if that'll ever happen, cheaters have been a feature in SA-MP since the early days, and people have complained about it since forever and not much has been done in my opinion. Let's go back to waiting and see what Kalcor brings to us on the next version, hopefully not another "block" of older cheating client versions but a way to block cleos/mods and etc by server owner's choice or other way around...
Somethings can be blocked just by scripting, but not everything has the best solution for it and I don't think banning people is one of them anymore nowadays.