I need help with a website/forum

I need to make a forum i've allready bought "Web hosting" from VoltHost but i get some kinda weird url..
I want .com or flipsidegaming.com to be exact. If someone could host or help me, i would be honored to pay if its a must. So, Come on guys!

You dont "Host" a domain name, you pruchease one... For example: www.godaddy.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeta
Посмотреть сообщение
I want .com or flipsidegaming.com to be exact
Sadly, that domain is already taken.

You can check if the .net version is still available if that's already taken. Also, buying a domain name and buying hosting are 2 different things (which is sort of weird but it has its benefits), I've never heard of the hosting company you mentioned, I use this one for my site, but you can set up the url you want to use in your hosting provider's user control panel after you've purchased the address from a domain registrar like the one mentioned above.

You have never heard of Volt-Host..?

You've only purchased web hosting services and not a domain as well. Looking at the Volt Host website, they don't seem to sell domains. You'll need to purchase a domain from a reputable vendor and then amend your DNS records to map your domain to the IP address of your web server. Once you've purchased your domain, contact the company's support team and they should be able to help you.

www.namecheap.com is my favourite.

www.name.com is my favourite.

Oh thanks for this post i like this post.

One should go for www.crazydomains.com , they got the cheapest domain.