Will Smartphones Replace Traditional Cameras?

About 20 minutes ago at the Samsung event in London a few new devices were announced. A variety of new S4 devices and features but what interested me the most was the new Smartphone/Camera devices they announce. Now I know there is already a Galaxy Camera available; but the 2 newest ones being the Galaxy S4 Zoom and the Galaxy NX Android.

Of course now it's increasing in popularity we'll probably see other Android manufacturers give it a go but do you think these devices will soon take over? Here's a few pictures.

To be honest, i don't see it being successful. It looks ugly as fuck. It is a samsung galaxy mobile phone attached to a camera, design seems very original and very unique (/sarcasm off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensmart469
Посмотреть сообщение
It is a samsung galaxy mobile phone attached to a camera
That's the whole point...

So basically people can carry their phone and then some camera attachments with them and if they want to, their phone becomes fully-functional camera? That's brilliant!

I personally LOVE the idea; if this is the future, let it come sooner.

It's basically still a camera. Phone is only used as a computer.

I don't see smartphone cameras replacing DSLRs anywhere in the next 5 years. After that, no one knows.

I'd like to see you put a 150mm lens on a smartphone. Digital SLR cameras will remain popular with enthusiasts and professionals alike.

DSLRs still are unreached, even by the most advanced compact cams. Phones are designed to be small, cameras arent running to get smaller and smaller. So with the same technical possibilities, a shrinked down sensor in a phone cant ever be as good as a big one in a camera.
Even the good smartphone cameras today arent good for anything but snapshots.

And this is just ridiculous and awkward.

LOL whats next? Putting a printer in the damm phone T_T...

It will,