IRC Help..

Fixed

Why would you even...

mIRC scripting is really inconvenient. I'd recommend you to use any other language for IRC bot(s) - it's really easy to write one if you follow the IRC rfc. However, the problem in your code is that your echo channel most likely shows in-game chat like "Nickname: hello world" or "Nickname[id]: hello world". on *:TEXT: won't trigger if the text is somewhere in the middle of the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurzalewski
Посмотреть сообщение
mIRC scripting is really inconvenient. I'd recommend you to use any other language for IRC bot(s) - it's really easy to write one if you follow the IRC rfc. However, the problem in your code is that your echo channel most likely shows in-game chat like "Nickname: hello world" or "Nickname[id]: hello world". on *:TEXT: won't trigger if the text is somewhere in the middle of the line.
Yes, it does say "Nickname[id]: hello world." Is there something I could add in the script so it would notice it?

Ehm, why not just implement everything server side? Or are you going to keep your mIRC logged in 24/7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Ehm, why not just implement everything server side? Or are you going to keep your mIRC logged in 24/7?
I am going to keep in up 24.7. I want it to go through IRC because my bot also logs everything. So I could easily go back and check at what time and day someone did one of the commands.

I don't see the use of running a mIRC bot if you don't know the language.

Your ON TEXT match simply is incorrect for the text you wish to match. And it is very poorly coded, in the way that; you can spam the command, thus spamming the bot, additionally, it doesn't check for specific names or permisisons.

Scripting this server-side would just be so much more easier.

Quote:

Your ON TEXT match simply is incorrect for the text you wish to match. And it is very poorly coded, in the way that; you can spam the command, thus spamming the bot, additionally, it doesn't check for specific names or permisisons.

Yes, it is a simple command. I was thinking it would pick it up if it saw it. I have seen many other server do this with mIRC bots, where a player can put a command in-game and the bot would pick it up.

Quote:

Scripting this server-side would just be so much more easier.

I agree that scripting it server-side would be so much easier. The reason I don't want to do it is because I want everything to go through IRC as I said before. If I did it server-side, people in IRC would be able to use the commands and they wouldn't get logged.

Could you provide an example of a command that will work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconett
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, it is a simple command. I was thinking it would pick it up if it saw it. I have seen many other server do this with mIRC bots, where a player can put a command in-game and the bot would pick it up.

I agree that scripting it server-side would be so much easier. The reason I don't want to do it is because I want everything to go through IRC as I said before. If I did it server-side, people in IRC would be able to use the commands and they wouldn't get logged.

Could you provide an example of a command that will work?
Everything on IRC that your bots sees can be logged. You don't need (and shouldn't really) use a MIRC bot for that. Also, I'm pretty sure all the servers you have seen using bots, are using PAWN/C++/PHP bots, not MIRC ones.

Fixed