[Tool/Web/Other] HQ Image GTA Map 24064*24064 - 141mb

Introduction:

This is a High Quality 24064*24064 GTA Ariel Map. I originally got the idea from Ian Albert and wanted to do it on a massive scale. His initial map was 8000*8000 and this one is 3x as big as his which gives more detail!

How it was made:

I first contacted H02 (Scott) the beta tester to see what he could put together, he decided to use Steve M's map viewer and use a LUA script to run though and set the camera position and take an image, each square was around 256*256. In the end there was around 8836 256*256 squares. A PHP script was written for the squares to be stitched together. The initial LUA script took around 1 hour per attempt to obtain the squared and then another 1 hour for them to be stitched. Before they could be stitched they had to be converted from bmp to jpg using another script which took another few hours!

The map has some blemishes but can be fixed with a little dedication and photoshop knowledge. If you want a deep blue sea colour you need to add that in yourself with would take 4-6 hours AT LEAST (I did this and then accidently closed photoshop without saving it!)

WARNING: Do not try and open this image in some simple program such as Paint or Image Viewer as it will crash, remember it is 141mb big! You need a program such as Photoshop.

I did initially pay h02 (Scott) for this but because I wanted a much higher quality than this we agreed a 50% refund.

Credits:

- h02 (Scott) - For all his hard work and dedication to the map.

Examples:

Downloads:

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/be6175bb2e/

No mirrors allowed please.

Woa!!!

this is one hell of excellent work

works in the Windows Photo Viewer doe
http://www.exdevelopers.com/OnlineImg/Untitled.png

Awesome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by park4bmx
Посмотреть сообщение
this is one hell of excellent work

works in the Windows Photo Viewer doe
soz for the size ;X
REMOVED IMAGE
I originally wrote this topic with the file size being 500mb, I saved it as size quality 8 in PS which lowered it to 141mb.
Can you remove your image and just leave the image links please.

Cool

Very nice work KyleSmith

Stunning!

I found a wrong piece of pixels at the SAN tower

Wow this is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael23
Посмотреть сообщение
Stunning!

I found a wrong piece of pixels at the SAN tower
Thanks, but as I said there is some issues in some locations and some photoshop work would patch it out!

haters gona' hate

Nice!

Very nice indeed. Maybe someone will polish it a little especially the water.
By the way, it\'s \'Lua\' not \'LUA\'.

Whoa man! One hell of an image. I am wondering what might it be used for? No offence dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal_khan
View Post
Whoa man! One hell of an image. I am wondering what might it be used for? No offence dude.
Showing players certain shops, an online map for houses or players etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
Showing players certain shops, an online map for houses or players etc.
But don\'t you think the site would lag opening such a file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal_khan
View Post
But don\'t you think the site would lag opening such a file?
More than likely, if I was to say this file would be used for online maps using ****** api. A php file would use the whole image and split it up using PHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
View Post
More than likely, if I was to say this file would be used for online maps using ****** api. A php file would use the whole image and split it up using PHP.
Oh very well...

Thanks for this! Might need it

How we will do it

Nice, Keep it up.