The "gaming" fad

I've noticed over the past few years the fad of creating a community with the name "gaming" on the end. When I think about it though, I wonder why this word gaming has become the end-all-be-all of community names. After all, it a little variety could never hurt. Please note: I am NOT trying to take shots at any community with "gaming" in the name, I'm just simply looking for some unique ideas.

Any ideas for unique words/names to replace "gaming"?

In case you don't understand, here are the top two that come to my head. Obviously there are plenty more.
[ Next Generation Gaming ]
[ Infinitum Gaming ]

Well mine Is/Was just SIMPLY called Surreal... I never wanted to add Gaming to make it Surreal Gaming. I also dont unsertand the obsession, I mean the name of my community without gaming says it all...

Surreal: A mix of fact and fantasy... (Bizzaree, Unreal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
Well mine Is/Was just SIMPLY called Surreal... I never wanted to add Gaming to make it Surreal Gaming. I also dont unsertand the obsession, I mean the name of my community without gaming says it all...

Surreal: A mix of fact and fantasy... (Bizzaree, Unreal).
I like the idea. Very unique.

Whats your community called?

I don't have a community - it's just something that's been brought to my mind.

Thats just a term like "unique" or "from scratch" that mean nothing at all, as people just repeat them cause they think it sounds cool. Most of the guys probably dont even know what these terms should mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Thats just a term like "unique" or "from scratch" that mean nothing at all, as people just repeat them cause they think it sounds cool. Most of the guys probably dont even know what these terms should mean.
Yeh, hence the reason why I dont go on servers which say 'Unique' or 'From Scratch'... people need to learn that From Scracth means line 0... and Unique means its been altered so much... not a thing is the same as nother competeing server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeh, hence the reason why I dont go on servers which say 'Unique' or 'From Scratch'... people need to learn that From Scracth means line 0... and Unique means its been altered so much... not a thing is the same as nother competeing server.
That's an issue that really bothers me. After all, communities which actually genuinely do create UNIQUE content can't even advertise it. Unique means nothing in the SA-MP community anymore, and I literally mean nothing. Users just put the world 'Unique' in the title of their threads even if it is ALMOST IDENTICAL to another script, minus the change in name. It's just ridiculous.

Every time I go to a server advert which claims to be 'Unique', and then I scroll down and see: factions: lspd, hitman agency..., etc., I just cringe a little.

"Infinitum Gaming" isn't really that common. The most of the name I've seen is my community and then maybe like one other one...

However, you don't HAVE to put the "gaming" at the end. I mean, we could re-name to "Infinitum" but that just sounds weird. It's like typing a sentence and not adding an ending so nobody knows what you wanted to say. It just feels like that to me.

Depending on your game mode type you could do something like "Inquisition Deathmatch" (obviously a dumb name; just kind of needed to think of a word). It doesn't have to be "... gaming".

I guess it's hard to think of a better alternative.