Beware of 178.32.254.44:7807 [DayZ] [Passwords Insecure]

Hey Guys,

Just a fair warning, the DayZ Beta Server has been really badly scripted, the one at
Address: 178.32.254.44:7807

I'm just warning everyone that plays on their that you can login to anyone's account by simply pressing the login button since it accepts blank responses, I told the staff that they had a security problem and they very rudely shouted at me, then when I showed the owner, his response was

[11:17:24 PM] Dylan:Owner of DayZ SA-MP: you wanna hack my samp account for ma server?, wanna see what i can do back?
[11:20:28 PM] Dylan:Owner of DayZ SA-MP: dont fucking ignore me.

So if you're thinking of helping them, don't. They're rude and after calling me on Skype they sound like Children.

Also, they don't hash their passwords so be wary.

If you feel my post is unfair or childish, please let me know since that is not my intention, I'm just getting tired of the SA-MP community getting filled up with servers that'll either be taken down by hackers or else destroyed by their own scripters. I shouldn't be as frustrated as I am since it's very petty, but they are ruining the community, in my honest opinion.

Regards

Matthew

First: wrong place to post.
Second: just play on another server.
Third: Do you have any proof they don't hash passwords or otherwise store them insecurely?

Where should I be moving?

Quote:

[2013/04/13 10:39:58 PM] justinnater protected: I can't recall it as fast, that's for sure.
[2013/04/13 11:01:13 PM] justinnater protected: Right
[2013/04/13 11:01:19 PM] justinnater protected: You managed to get Dylan's password
[2013/04/13 11:01:27 PM] justinnater protected: Should had hash passwords
[2013/04/13 11:01:31 PM] justinnater protected: Completly forgot about it

That's a quote from Skype, I am going to play on a different server.

There seemed to be a mistake within the server password system and also that from hashing passwords.
Anyways, we've done a complete reset right away and added a proper system which hashes the passwords correctly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnater
View Post
There seemed to be a mistake within the server password system and also that from hashing passwords.
Anyways, we've done a complete reset right away and added a proper system which hashes the passwords correctly now.
Just a friendly suggestion: be so kind to inform all your players of what happened and how you will prevent this in the future. They'll appreciate your transparency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnater
View Post
It's good to see stuff getting sorted, I won't be playing on that server, also, will not recommend the server especially after that Dylan character threatened to DDOS me.

I admit that Dylan's behavior is sometimes.... Well, most of the time pretty childish and I am also not intending to stay any longer at this community if that is not going to change real quickly. Anyways, the server is up for like 5 days or so and I have been scripting the whole server in a rush, so there are obviously some mistakes here and there, but I can assure you that I am doing my honest best trying to get everything sorted.

Don't report it here, report it to Y_Less so it can be added to his thread. You'll need proper proof of the incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLovesToHelp
View Post
Don't report it here, report it to Y_Less so it can be added to his thread. You'll need proper proof of the incident.
I don't think servers should be added to that thread if they are honest about what happened and commit themselves to fix the issue.

No one said it's going to be or not be be added, I think you guys should stop the drama here, and if the thread starter still wants to report the server he can do what Mike said and then you can see what happens from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis
View Post
I don't think servers should be added to that thread if they are honest about what happened and commit themselves to fix the issue.
To be honest with you Sithis; I have no interest in what happened, I'm just explaining the best ways to report someone. At the end of the day, if you have fixed this issues, then that's fine, if not then you really need to fix it as you are at risk of people gaining other players passwords. I know for a fact, I enter the same password for every SA:MP account I have, however I don't for other sites. So I'm secure that way, as quite frankly I don't care if I get my accounts hacked, what ? I'll just make a new one. However, some players don't do this, infact they use the same password for everything they do. Which is a huge problem, especially if your storing players email accounts, they could then gain access to players email accounts.

The thread was created as a warning to other users from me as opposed to a complaint created to cause drama.