A question. Hosting.

hello.. i want to know that it is possible to host SAMP server on a website.. i mean i bought a domain i can also host server on it?

No...

what do you mean by a SAMP server on a website, but I think you may host the server if the domain has a package for SAMP

i mean if i upload my samp server files to the Public_HTML in Root of my website server will run? because i saw my people with there kind of Server address like for example:" mywebsite.com:7788 " ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak
Посмотреть сообщение
i mean if i upload my samp server files to the Public_HTML in Root of my website server will run? because i saw my people with there kind of Server address like for example:" mywebsite.com:7788 " ?
No..you can't
([mywebsite.blabla]That's a A Record DNS )

Returns a 32-bit IPv4 address, most commonly used to map hostnames to an IP address of the host, but also used for DNSBLs, storing subnet masks in RFC 1101, etc.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DNS_record_types

I think this is something called "A Record" ****** it and check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Dragon.
Посмотреть сообщение
I think this is something called "A Record" ****** it and check it out.
Yea.. forgot what it is and called it a dns without a record.. whatever. (edited my post)

I think it won't work for free

Because Im already tested it,

Ok as I use .tk domains always so I think to use it for my server too, I go to dot.tk and login to my account, than I created a new domain with DNS type and I make sure that's it's "A Record" i entered my server IP without port of course but it doesn't work But I have now already a DNS record

It CAN work on a website package. that is, if you have SSH access and they allow you to run it with that access. But most of the times, No.

But what your wanting, is it running but it able to forward via domain. which is easy to accomplish with DNS records.

i have SSH access can you please tell me how to host samp on it?