How do I copy everything to a new hard drive?

I've bought a new hard drive (3tb seagate) and I have all my files, I want to copy EVERYTHING over to the new hard drive. How do I do it? I know about cloning, but it's all a bit confusing to me, can someone give a me a dumb description haha.

NOTE: I'll be able to have both hard drives connected at the same time.

there's a software which you boot your computer from, and it simply copy the whole hard drive data for the new one.

I just don't remember the name... sorry! D;

Quote:
Originally Posted by klklt0
Посмотреть сообщение
there's a software which you boot your computer from, and it simply copy the whole hard drive data for the new one.

I just don't remember the name... sorry! D;
Perfect, I need exactly that, or something like it. Anyone know?

Why not use the "old" method? Select all of your files using CTRL + A then copy them using CTRL + C after that paste them to your new HDD using CTRL + V. I hope you understood those basic instructions. Might take time but it's a cheap and easy way to do.

EDIT: I just found this: http://www.todo-backup.com/download/ I'm not sure if it'll do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtakillerIV
Посмотреть сообщение
Why not use the "old" method? Select all of your files using CTRL + A then copy them using CTRL + C after that paste them to your new HDD using CTRL + V. I hope you understood those basic instructions. Might take time but it's a cheap and easy way to do.
I don't think that's a way. I was reading before and it said something like it doesn't copy everything or something.

Copy everything except your OS. Simple as that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtakillerIV
Посмотреть сообщение

EDIT: I just found this: http://www.todo-backup.com/download/ I'm not sure if it'll do the job.
We can't do the ctrl + c and ctrl + v just because if the files are being accessed, you can't copy them.

@Haydn, if you cannot find the program, what you can do is boot up your computer with a linux live cd OS, and copy everything over it.
If you wanna wait at max until tomorrow, i'll get the name of it today and send it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klklt0
Посмотреть сообщение
We can't do the ctrl + c and ctrl + v just because if the files are being accessed, you can't copy them.

@Haydn, if you cannot find the program, what you can do is boot up your computer with a linux live cd OS, and copy everything over it.
If you wanna wait at max until tomorrow, i'll get the name of it today and send it for you.
Oh yeah! I can, the hard drive isn't coming until Thursday, I just want to have EVERYTHING ready for when I get it (since my download speed is slow, It will take some time to download all my steam games, which I haven't been able to do before)

1. Norton Ghost
2. Seagate DiscWizard
3. Acronis True Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
3. Acronis True Image
That's the one which i use on my course to fix up some computers[all are the same so, same hardware, same software...].
Acronis True Image.