[Tutorial] Making /BAN, /KICK [RCON]

Hi guys, today i will show you a tutorial of how to make: /BAN & /KICK For RCON only

Start:

First we will include ZCMD at the top:

pawn Code:
#include ZCMD // Thanks to: ZeeX
Now we will also include SScanf2:

pawn Code:
#include sscanf2 // Thanks to: Y_Less [(a.k.a): Alex Cole]
Now at the end of your script or where your ZCMD commands are, add the commands there which i will show you.

Now lets begin

How to make a zcmd cmd?

pawn Code:
COMMAND:/*Your Command Name Here*/(playerid, params[])
{   // this is the Bracket  from which the code starts
    //code here.
    return 1; // you must return 1
}  // & ends here
Tips:

* You can replace "COMMAND:" with "CMD:".

* You can move the bracket up, i will give you a example.

pawn Code:
CMD:/*Your Command Name Here*/(playerid, params[]) /*>>*/ { /*<<*/  

//code here.
    return 1;//here also you must.
}  // end of the cmd
Now lets start:

The /BAN cmd.

pawn Code:
COMMAND:ban(playerid,params[])
{
    if(IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) // This will check if the player is admin. (The code [if] checks IF something is true.
    {
        new Target; // This is the target we will ban.
        new Reason[100]; // This will be
        if(!sscanf(params, "us", Target, Reason)) // this will check the string ([u] is for a integer & [s] is for a string.
        {
            if(Target == playerid) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "You will ban your self D:"); // this will check [if] the player is trying to ban him self. (Commands are performed by the player (playerid)
            if(IsPlayerAdmin(Target)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "You cant ban a RCON admin!"); // Checks [if] the Target is Rcon & another Rcon it trying to ban him.
            new string[128]; // This is the out put which will be used to send the ban message to all
            new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // getting the admin's name
            new tname[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // getting the Target's name
            GetPlayerName(playerid, name, sizeof(name)); // no need to enter a string (The banner is the player (playerid)
            GetPlayerName(Target, tname, sizeof(tname)); // & the ban we are going to give is Target (which we made up | new Target; |
            format(string, sizeof(string), "*Admin %s banned %s due to %s", name, tname, Reason); // this makes a format
            SendClientMessageToAll(0xFFBBCC, string); // This will send the client message to all. (no need for string, we will add the output without "
            new str[128]; // another output (oh i forget: new str[128] {[128]} is the number of chars (cells) it should not be higher than 999 or when you will test it in-game, you will disconnect for no reason.
            format(str, sizeof(str), "*Banned by: %s | Ban reason: %s | Press F8 to take a screen shot & make a unban appeal on our forum", name, Reason);
            SendClientMessage(Target, 0xFFBBCC, str); // sending the string of the output.
            BanEx(Target, Reason); // it will ban the target with a reason & the ban will be saved in SAMP.BAN
        }
        else SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "USAGE: /ban <Target> <reason>"); // if he entered it wrong
    }
    else SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "umm, this wrong cmd, try /help xd."); // returning a err msg that he is not admin :L.
    return 1; // you must i said it
}
That is all :d.

& /KICK cmd

pawn Code:
COMMAND:kick(playerid,params[])
{
    if(IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) // This will check if the player is admin. (The code [if] checks IF something is true.
    {
        new Target; // This is the target we will kick.
        new Reason[100]; // This will be
        if(!sscanf(params, "us", Target, Reason)) // this will check the string ([u] is for a integer & [s] is for a string.
        {
            if(Target == playerid) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "You will Kick your self D:"); // this will check [if] the player is trying to kick him self. (Commands are performed by the player (playerid)
            if(IsPlayerAdmin(Target)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "You can Kick a RCON admin!"); // Checks [if] the Target is Rcon & another Rcon it trying to kick him.
            new string[128]; // This is the out put which will be used to send the kick message to all
            new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // getting the admin's name
            new tname[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // getting the Target's name
            GetPlayerName(playerid, name, sizeof(name)); // no need to enter a string (The kicker is the player (playerid)
            GetPlayerName(Target, tname, sizeof(tname)); // & the kick we are going to give is Target (which we made up | new Target; |
            format(string, sizeof(string), "*Admin %s Kicked %s due to %s", name, tname, Reason); // this makes a format
            SendClientMessageToAll(0xFFBBCC, string); // This will send the client message to all. (no need for string, we will add the output without "
            new str[128]; // another output (oh i forget: new str[128] {[128]} is the number of chars (cells) it should not be higher than 999 or when you will test it in-game, you will disconnect for no reason.
            format(str, sizeof(str), "*Kicked by: %s | Kick reason: %s ", name, Reason);
            SendClientMessage(Target, 0xFFBBCC, str); // sending the string of the output.
            Kick(Target); // it will kick the target with a reason.
        }
        else SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "USAGE: /Kick <Target> <reason>"); // if he entered it wrong
    }
    else SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFBBCC, "umm, this wrong cmd, try /help xd."); // returning a err msg that he is not admin :L.
    return 1; // you must i said it
}

Good explanations! And where are the goto, and slap commands you promised !

@ Rajat_Pawar:

I dont break my promise so i will pm you when i will make the /slap , /goto , /get & /warn !!

In your code you say that 'u' in sscanf is an integer. This is wrong.

@ jonrb:

'u' is used for some thing like player id (the id we enter is integer)

No, 'u' would probably be short for something like 'user'. With the 'u' parameter specified, you can use player IDs or parts of names.

Read the documentation.

Strings in sscanf need to have a length specified. Example:

s[64]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperViper
View Post
Strings in sscanf need to have a length specified. Example:

s[64]
IIRC if you just put 's' at the end, all of the remaining text gets dumped into that string, if it fits.