mysql database

Im asking for one of these things:

How can i install a mysql database on my VPS if i don't have root acces?

Can i setup a mysql database on my pc, if the server is on VPS?

If you know how do any one of those things,please share you knowledge with me

bump

You can't.

you can run a mysql database on your own pc IF you open the ports and allow outside connections from the installation. As long as you point the server to your home IP address for the mysql server and the ports are all open correctly it is possible. (ps if your website host allows ip addresses outside the local range to be connected to it you can use a website mysql server)

I want to host it on a VPS. But how do i instal mysql to it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk
Посмотреть сообщение
I want to host it on a VPS. But how do i instal mysql to it ?
I suggest you not to. Judging by your obvious experience, you'd most likely break something.

The best thing you can do is contact the provider and ask him for installation. Though, if you decide to go on, there's plenty of tutorials on ******, all you need to specify is what you're looking for - "How to install mysql on *your distro here*".

All the tutorials i found tell me to use something like putty, unfortunately i don't have root access. Any ides how to install it without it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk
Посмотреть сообщение
All the tutorials i found tell me to use something like putty, unfortunately i don't have root access. Any ides how to install it without it?
You can't

You can't install services if you don't have root access. It's simple. Though what service provider sells VPS' without root access?

The command, by the way, is (for Debian based distributions):
Код:
sudo apt-get install mysql-server