Random Players joining the server

Hello,

on some servers, I've seen like 20 players join the server in like 2 Minutes. They don't move - they're AFK. Well, the weird thing is that all of these players have different IPs but they all have almost the same ping. They also leave the server together after some minutes or hours - all at once or in the interval of some seconds.

Does anyone know what that is? Are those bots? It's weird.

Would be great if anyone knows what those "things" are.

Regards,
Liquicity

Some kind of proxy bots maybe. Are they doing something bad?

I've seen this on many servers, especially RP servers. They use some kind of player point that spawn at a certain coordinate to raise their player count - to fool other people, making them think lots of players are on. Once the REAL people join they remove the bots so they don't get in trouble.

It's like a way to gain players using FAKE people, until the REAL people replace them.

Those type of servers I recommend staying away from.

Well, I know that one one server no one of the admins and the owners do such stuff. Why would players do that? Is it "illegal"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquicity
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I know that one one server no one of the admins and the owners do such stuff. Why would players do that? Is it "illegal"?
They ARE doing this, an attack would look different. It is not illegal, it's against the rules, even if I haven't seen this written anywhere it seems like they ban servers of the server list if they are caught.

I don't know why this is against the rules though, it doesn't hurt anyone, but it fucks up server and player statistics, but other than that i see no real threat.

But as someone else said, It is a lame way to gain players and only 12-year olds will stay on such server (and the owner of these servers is probably around 12 aswell).

On some Servers, join in 2-3 Minutes more then 20 Players, but i saw that the Players move and playing, they are not AFK. I dont think that all this Guys are Bots, and yes they have different IP's.

Some servers have legit people (which move) but the ones that have people paused in the same area (if you find it) are fake people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Javorsky
Посмотреть сообщение
I've seen this on many servers, especially RP servers. They use some kind of player point that spawn at a certain coordinate to raise their player count - to fool other people, making them think lots of players are on. Once the REAL people join they remove the bots so they don't get in trouble.

It's like a way to gain players using FAKE people, until the REAL people replace them.

Those type of servers I recommend staying away from.
Bots, to fake a playerbase,
Can most likely report this to samp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboeg
Посмотреть сообщение
Bots, to fake a playerbase,
Can most likely report this to samp.
They can't do much besides blacklist the server (like they did with NGRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Javorsky
Посмотреть сообщение
They can't do much besides blacklist the server (like they did with NGRP)
Exactly.