Not working properly...

Removed

It's called lag, and mostly no. GTA IV had awful porting. I can hardly run it maxed out on my PC (about 30fps). Huge problem when all the other games I have tried work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение
It's called lag, and mostly no. GTA IV had awful porting. I can hardly run it maxed out on my PC (about 30fps). Huge problem when all the other games I have tried work fine.
Actually, it's called FPS drops. Lag is the result of high latency and only occurs when playing online. Lag doesn't affect your frame rate. People often confuse FPS drops with lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually, it's called FPS drops. Lag is the result of high latency and only occurs when playing online. Lag doesn't affect your frame rate. People often confuse FPS drops with lag.
I guess that is true, but then again, for it to drop, it would actually have to have one when it started out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение
I guess that is true, but then again, for it to drop, it would actually have to have one when it started out.
Then its just low FPS. ;P

GTA IV just happens to be one of the most PC ports of it's era, and it hogs a bunch of resources because of it.

You are not alone here buddy, it lags like shit for me too even though i have a good gaming rig.
Install update v 1.07 and turn off Shadows it made the game a little bit stable.

Happens to almost everyone on stock gtaiv.

Use gtaiv patch 1.0.3.0 for best performance. 1.0.7.0 is kinda slow.

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
You're right and wrong.
Lag is perfectly fine in this matter. Lag means that something can't keep up with something else.
In this case his computer can't keep up to the games requirements, causing a lag between the requests and responding by his computers hardware.

The world "lag" did exist before online gaming....