[Tutorial] [VIDEO]SAMP Scripting Tutorials [new videos]

Thanks man,helped me a lot!!!

I'm glad to see someone else contribute to the community with something like this.

However, one thing I've always disagreed with in every tutorial I've ever read or watched regarding SA:MP scripting is the approach. Everyone starts by going directly into programming a simple gamemode. All in all, that is fine, but I find beginning with the language itself and explaining the features more intuitive. For example, if you show how to create a certain system using an enumeration, the viewer will most likely only know how to use the enumeration in that way. If you had taught enumerations and their whole process before, they would understand that they could implement it in different ways, instead of being specific to a certain feature in a script.

I will hopefully be writing some sort of guide soon to help cover my personal issues with everyone's tutorial, however, I'm not very good at explaining concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm glad to see someone else contribute to the community with something like this.

However, one thing I've always disagreed with in every tutorial I've ever read or watched regarding SA:MP scripting is the approach. Everyone starts by going directly into programming a simple gamemode. All in all, that is fine, but I find beginning with the language itself and explaining the features more intuitive. For example, if you show how to create a certain system using an enumeration, the viewer will most likely only know how to use the enumeration in that way. If you had taught enumerations and their whole process before, they would understand that they could implement it in different ways, instead of being specific to a certain feature in a script.

I will hopefully be writing some sort of guide soon to help cover my personal issues with everyone's tutorial, however, I'm not very good at explaining concepts.
There are plenty of VERY basic C tutorials that cover all the absolute basics (variables, for-while loops, if-else statements, etc...). It's good he dives right into scripting, just get on with it and lets learn stuff, I like that approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Посмотреть сообщение
There are plenty of VERY basic C tutorials that cover all the absolute basics (variables, for-while loops, if-else statements, etc...). It's good he dives right into scripting, just get on with it and lets learn stuff, I like that approach
We aren't learning C here.

People are also getting directly into scripting modes without any prior knowledge; many people begin their programming "career" here. They don't understand the syntax of the language or how to use the language features. All they learn is to create the mode exactly as represented by the video (I guess you could include changing the string literals, if that's useful). Aside from that, they learn nothing. Actually learning the language features and syntax first would allow them to broaden their understanding.

Think about it; if someone with absolutely no knowledge of programming what-so-ever searches ******* and finds a tutorial on how to make a housing system, what else would they be able to do with that information? Nothing.

I would also like to point out that by someone saying "this is a variable and it holds a number (integer)" is not very helpful. This doesn't teach very good programming techniques, such as using static and const when appropriate. I don't think I saw any released scripts that used such techniques for the first three years I was associated with SA:MP (except Y_Less, and a very few others). The reason is, people learned from people who didn't actually explain it. They would be better of learning right off the bat the advantages of everything the language has to offer (pawn_lang.pdf!).

Lag made me double post, please remove this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
Посмотреть сообщение
We aren't learning C here.
I'd like to point out that PAWN is a derivative of C-small, which is a derivative of C. All the basics are exactly the same and C is an excellent language for starters to begin with because of it's low level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd like to point out that PAWN is a derivative of C-small, which is a derivative of C. All the basics are exactly the same and C is an excellent language for starters to begin with because of it's low level.
It is, but once again, we're not learning C. Despite it being a derivative of C, they are still two completely different languages with many key features separating them (otherwise there would be no Pawn!). Beginners have a very difficult time differentiating between languages scripts and especially their features. Telling someone with no experience what-so-ever to take lessons in C and then transform it to Pawn is a waste of time and effort (almost like learning C before C++). They would still be here asking general questions someone would get starting with Pawn, including those about C scripts. This is especially specific regarding this type of teaching approach.

Hello guy's,

hope you are enjoying the tutorials.

what do you want to see in the next couple of episodes.

Well, finish up some things with the roleplay script, and then start on a basic trucking script?

a gate opening system!

Nice Tutorial.

If you keep us updated with more videos, I'll +1 the sh*t out of you .

how about make Object On Gamemode ?

but i see mysql if better than all to save data other things = sucks

how to add ******* video. ?