Windows8 Can't connect.

Well, I recently got Windows 8, and I am having issues on connecting with the SAMP servers, I can connect sometimes, but at other times, it does nothing when I press the connect button. Anyone having this problem?

When I try to run it in compatability mode, the game launches, but it crashes shortly after.

This is one of the crashes i've been getting when i've installed windows 8.
Go to your san andreas folder (C:/program files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas)
Then right-click gta_sa.exe and go to the compatibility tab, then check run in compatability mode for windows XP SP3, then check run as admin.
Do the same for samp.exe
Then start samp.exe and connect, it should be fixed!

@Sp00k - Didn't fix it, still gets that error when I try to run it. What should I do now? Did what you said. But still gave the same error.

I really need a fix for this problem. can someone help me. please.

Have you tried reinstalling GTA:SA into a new directory and then installing SA-MP on it?

The opcode you get looks pretty similar to
Quote:
0x0040F64C Issue in Windows 7 / Vista relating to permissions. Problem in the installer version that the SA-MP client uses.Update to SA-MP 0.3e. If it still occurs rename your GTASA directory.

I'm running windows 8 and I don't have any problems at all.
What you could try is updating your directx and install your latest video card drivers...
And are you sure this happens with every server? Or only with the one you have selected? Because that error makes me think of the objects render crash.

Nevermind, I fixed it. Opened SAMP.exe and GTA_SA.exe's properties and ran them both in admin. it worked. without no compatability shit. Just run it as admin. both samp.exe and gta_sa.exe.

Thanks for the help anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas666
Посмотреть сообщение
Nevermind, I fixed it. Opened SAMP.exe and GTA_SA.exe's properties and ran them both in admin. it worked. without no compatability shit. Just run it as admin. both samp.exe and gta_sa.exe.

Thanks for the help anyways
I told you to run both as admin and you said it didn't work ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k
Посмотреть сообщение
I told you to run both as admin and you said it didn't work ^_^
You told him to change compatibility to XP, he probably changed its compatibility plus ran it as an admin