Help please!

So I got a new laptop today and downloaded ventrillo to see if I had a mic and I do, So I tryed it and it said this:

Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use.

Please someone help me make my ventrillo work, I'll + rep.

This isn't a support forum for Ventrillo..

Control Panel > Sound > Recording tab

Click once on the Mic icon.

Ensure that the sound card in the computer is the default device

Next, click on PROPERTIES > Levels tab.. adjust level..

Now try it out..

That ^ doesn't make no sense, There isn't control panel and recording stuff.. so please explain in ventrillo terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenum12
Посмотреть сообщение
That ^ doesn't make no sense, There isn't control panel and recording stuff.. so please explain in ventrillo terms.
One of my friend got the same problem and he told me he fixed it by this way try to contact Ventrilo!

There isn't even a control panel I don't know what your going on about, so please expain in a better an easier way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenum12
Посмотреть сообщение
There isn't even a control panel I don't know what your going on about, so please expain in a better an easier way.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-8af44d205cf2

Also i asked you to contact the ventrilo ! they got more answears!

Download sound driver, but you can also do what Alex said.

Some of the audio cards, which I got now, AC 94 or w/e it is, doesn't support microphone, so the best you can do in that situation is to upgrade your audio card and drivers.

Hi! I have found this problem occurs when you do not have a Mic plugged into any microphone port before starting Ventrilo. Specifically, this is for computers with plug detection.

If there is no mic plugged in, there is no default device selected by Windows 7.

Solution: Plug your microphone in before starting Ventrilo client.

I realize this issue is over 2 years old, but it shows up high on searches for this error. Hope this helps