Server Management - How to for Roleplays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
You should consider reading this - you need the most basic of help with your servers IIRC.

I'm not an "arse-hole" 24/7, I'm only rude to you because you're just as rude to me.

As for that post, I can't help being honest. Coming here to simply criticize people and make pointless guides is well... pointless.
If it would be pointless I wouldn't do it.
And oh yes please give me explanation why is it pointless like the last person who said so.
I do not see criticizing people and making a guide how to manage a server or "start" pointless actually there is no connection what so ever.

Great reminder.

Unfortunately, I don't reckon those who create horrific servers are the ones who will have a look at this thread, but it'll still help anyone looking for tips about launching their server.

If you were russian, i might have actually read it. YARLY

Like, I love this, Simple and Right server Management, Good Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean
View Post
Like, I love this, Simple and Right server Management, Good Job!
Good to know you liked it.

Useful.. Still this wont stop noobs from creating servers refunding everything, just because they like to use /givemoney, banning players for nothing cos they can, non-rping because they are owners, they're there to win because they are owners and they know role-play better than everyone else, because they are the owners..

Still, might be useful if someone wants to learn how to have a sucessful server.

Thanks for that, there are many useful informations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
You're more naive than the people who you wrote this for if you honestly believe people will read this.
Well I believe you clearly Read it mate, so, SHH

@Inorton BTW very nice, I like it, Thanks for setting our hopefully 'Future Coming' Server up on the right lines

Add www.interserver.net to the hosts, they are doing a nice sale now for 1 CENT HOSTING for the first month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Phelps
View Post
Add www.interserver.net to the hosts, they are doing a nice sale now for 1 CENT HOSTING for the first month...
Price does not matter for hosting, I would of pay more for a server from someone else than them, why? Because they do not look professional NOR are they selling SA-MP servers from what I see.
My "wise words" for buying a server is to look on how professional they look, on how much they spend on their website, because surely I wont buy a server with a crap and doggy looking website and as well research them, ask around people whom own a server from them, ask for their opinions.

Best thing is to test out the company by using 7 days trial, make some "artificial" problems and create tickets and see how quickly and efficiently they react to the problem and if you do not like them you can try other ones but for me volt-host is still leading.

GSP-Ratings is a good website to check out server providers and what people have to say about them.

Bumping this up guys. Which hosting provider currently doesn't have restrictions on Xenforo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaraton
View Post
Bumping this up guys. Which hosting provider currently doesn't have restrictions on Xenforo?
We do not currently have any restrictions in place on our shared web hosting plans pertaining to xenforo or anything of the sort.