[Tutorial] How to port forward a SA:MP server!

How to port forward a SA:MP server!

Hello guys, the reason I am making this thread is because a lot
of people have asked me on the SA-MP forums in a private message on how to port forward
a SA:MP server and I haven't got enough time to explain it.. So that's why I am making
this tutorial thread! Note, I am using the Netgear WNR2000v2 router, so the settings
maybe different.

Things required to complete this tutorial:
In order to complete this tutorial, you will need access to your router settings. Without access, you can not complete this.

Step One:
You need to find your "Default Gateway". You can do this by clicking Start -> CMD -> ipconfig and press enter!
You should see something like this:

Step Two:
Open your preferred internet browser (In my case, it's ****** Chrome) and type in the Default Gateway into the address bar and press enter. You should be prompted with something like this:

You can find your username and password on the bottom of your router. It's usually:
Username: admin
Password: password

Step Three:
After typing in the correct credentials, you will see this page:

Step Four:
On the left hand side pane, you should see the option "Port Forwarding / Port Triggering". Click on that and you should see this page:

Step Five:

Click on "Add Custom Service" and you should see this page:

Give the custom service a name, the port number you are going to use for the server and also your internal IPV4 address which can be found back at "Step 1". Once filled out, it should look similar to this:

That's it, you have successfully completed the tutorial. If you have any problems, please post below or private message me. I hope I have explained this well enough to you all.

well, nice tutorial, would help newbies.

but no need to portforward TCP & UDP at the same time, because SA-MP only uses UDP

Nice,at least this got images.

There are about 100's of tutorial about port forwarding, but this tutorial was the best of all as i believe,
Plus what Killoros said
Quote:

but no need to portforward TCP & UDP at the same time, because SA-MP only uses UDP

Better add it in your Tutorial

Nice Tutorial

Nice tutorial!

This tutorial is implying that the one who's trying to forward his ports has the same router with the same firmware as you do. Port forwarding setting is different for each router firmware. Also, as someone already mentioned, SAMP is using the UDP protocol.

Quote:

Username: admin
Password: password

Wooohoooo!!! this is my only problem u are like a super hero <3

You should also set static local IP for your computer if you are using DHCP.

Progressive ISPs nowadays provide their own modem/router/switch combination which cannot be accessed in this manner anymore. For example, if I want to change some settings I have to login at my.telenet.be. This obviously doesn't use any default username/password combination otherwise anyone would just be able to login.