too much CPU usage!?

Hello.

I have recently been told by my house that i am abusing CPU or the usage is too high, but i dont understand what an earth could be making my script use very high usage.

Its a ravens roleplay edit,

Anyone know most causes of High CPU usage?

No sorry i have no idea, whats the name of the script?

Maybe Screenshots of what you are seeing could help us?

Screenshots of what?

A CPU overloading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscii
Посмотреть сообщение
Screenshots of what?

A CPU overloading?
lol don't listen to him hes just ... Anyways timers are number one key for CPU usage, so if you have to many timers it's going to cause a lot of CPU. Another is saving, you need to set up your gamemode to save only during certain points like a payday, when somebody is given money theirs and the person who gave the money saves, buying a property etc. Because the issue is each time you have a account saving ever second it add's up to quite a big of over usage.

Another is I would avoid edit's and make your own scratch made, no matter what edit's have lots of issues regarding bad scripting causing CPU usage. I remember when we used PR-RP 9.5 it was basically all done by us but the things left in from penLS caused our CPU to jump to 50-75% on a Duel Core 3.2GHz when 250 players online. Now on our scratch made if 250 players are online it hits 4% on a Duel Core 3.0GHz.

Hope it helps.

I see, thank you very much Jake for the explanation i will look into these things.

+1 rep for you.