[How to] Update your SAMP server to 0.3e

I've made this topic because I've seen that a lot of people are having trouble with running their servers, mostly because they don't know how to update their server to the newest SAMP version.
In this topic, I will explain how to update your SAMP server to the newest version of SAMP, 0.3e in this case. Follow these steps in order to update your server:

- Steps -

1. Download the newest SAMP server pack (http://sa-mp.com/download.php)
2. Open the server file and your SAMP server folder.
3. Move and overwrite the following files into your SAMP server folder: announce.exe, samp-npc.exe and samp-server.exe.
4. Head to your pawno folder and open Pawno.exe, open up the gamemode you're using and recompile the gamemode in order to update your server with the newest includes.
5. Get the latest and newest plugin you're using to work, by either updating them or just installing new ones (http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)

Having any trouble? Feel free to leave a reply on my visitor messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi
View Post
I've made this topic because I've seen that a lot of people are having trouble with running their servers, mostly because they don't know how to update their server to the newest SAMP version.
In this topic, I will explain how to update your SAMP server to the newest version of SAMP, 0.3e in this case. Follow these steps in order to update your server:

- Steps -

1. Download the newest SAMP server pack (http://sa-mp.com/download.php)
2. Open the server file and your SAMP server folder.
3. Move and overwrite the following files into your SAMP server folder: announce.exe, samp-npc.exe and samp-server.exe.

Having any trouble? Feel free to leave a reply on my visitor messages.
4.Make sure you have the lates include that your gamemode is using.
5.Get the newest and the latest plugins for your gamemode to work.(If you didnot do this, you will get a runtime error when trying to run the gamemode)

@ Bacardi I'm just adding stuff that you forgot. By the way nice for new comers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaami
View Post
4.Make sure you have the lates include that your gamemode is using.
5.Get the newest and the latest plugins for your gamemode to work.(If you didnot do this, you will get a runtime error when trying to run the gamemode)

@ Bacardi I'm just adding stuff that you forgot. By the way nice for new comers too.
Updated, appreciated.

Nice Tutorial.

your'd kidding ? more easy then abcd and wronge section !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by мυ∂υℓ_вacнα
View Post
your'd kidding ? more easy then abcd and wronge section !!!!
Well, this is a guide, which helps you keeping up your server, so it should be in this section. I made this for a reason, if it's easy or not. A lot of people are having trouble with it.

Nice guide, rep+

This is what i get when i try to update :-

C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Raven's Roleplay 0.3c\pawno\include\streamer.inc(155) : error 017: undefined symbol "OBJECT_MATERIAL_SIZE_256x128"
C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Raven's Roleplay 0.3c\pawno\include\streamer.inc(375) : warning 235: public function lacks forward declaration (symbol "OnPlayerEditObject")
C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Raven's Roleplay 0.3c\pawno\include\streamer.inc(397) : warning 235: public function lacks forward declaration (symbol "OnPlayerSelectObject")
C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Raven's Roleplay 0.3c\pawno\include\streamer.inc(399) : error 017: undefined symbol "SELECT_OBJECT_PLAYER_OBJECT"
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

2 Errors.

Useless.

Oh boy, you are making the biggest failure ever.
Dont just override the samp server.exe, announce and npc.. ALSO override the new includes, they might have been editted if new features were added by the SA-MP team!