Is VPS good for hosting?

Should i buy one? or a game server?

Vps is expensive if you are asking for one but if you are going to buy one and got a good internet speed i think it will be cool and you must have some good requirments so i guess you can just ask for a gameserver for 7 bucs or something

Although it is possible to host game servers on a VPS, most hosts don't actively support it. And although you have the ability to run multiple server processes at once (game server, apache, mysql, ...), you usually have limited resources available in terms of RAM, CPU and particularly bandwidth.

Yes, i recommend it for under 100 players, any more and you would need a dedi. You don't even need much ram, but look for a KVM vps for best performance.

Game server hosting is a fucking ripoff...

VPS aint that expensive.It starts from 2.5 $ or something and if you want cheap hosting buy a VPS

Milan could you Pm me details about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyCaT
Посмотреть сообщение
Milan could you Pm me details about it?
Sure.

VPS is good for hosting SAMP, but some beginniners may find it difficult to setup.

While with game hosting, it is all setup for you (most of the time instantly) to use and configure.

As far as I know, there is a topic or post on this forum describing the advantages and disadvantages of a VPS and of a game server. With a big playerbase I would go for VPS, otherwise a game server is fine.

VPS isnt really good for server;
firstly, its costly secondly not so good support no matter what VPS u buy
a Dedi is better! for server hosting