My first template.

Hello guys,

I have to do my first exam at my college, so this is my first offical design for the real thing. And i need to make my first template for school. So i start drawing on paper and make it in photoshop and i would like any tips or suggestions what i can add or do to make it look better since it is my exam. The language is in dutch but it doesn't really matter.

I am already bussy to make this in to HTML en PHP (With CSS).

Thanks for reading!

My template:

Nice One 8/10 for a start

I don't like the background...

4/10, this is very simple

Nice work!

8/10 , nice but yet simple , anyways it doesn't matter because its your first template design, keep up the good work .

It's nice for the first one, but than again I dislike it. 2/10.

Create some more space between the menu items so that the text with spaces ("wie ben ik") will not be seen as "wie" "ben" and "ik". Also, give the active element another color than the rest of the menu (preferably the color of the little triangle underneath it). Get the first letter of the menu item a capital letter, shows a little better, or get them all caps.

The little links under the blogposts do not show as links. Make them underlined or another color than the text (also align them properly, you can do that with CSS line-height).

"Calender" is written with a "K" in Dutch

Taken from the little triangles in front of the sidebar items you can expand and contract them. If it is expanded (login form) get the whole block the same color as the header.

The little triangle in the menu does not really have a function. Normally it denotes the menuitem and links it with the page. However, your background is not the same as the menu triangle so it does not really have that function and just sits there.

I would also add a tiny picture before your blogname, dunno why.. looks a little nicer imo

Not bad! I like it!

good job

It is very simple but it is nice. I like it. You might consider changing the dark grey/blue colour on the right though, that looks a bit weird in my opinion ^_^

Thanks for all your comments and scores i am currently trying to apply the comments off:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamorunl
Посмотреть сообщение
Create some more space between the menu items so that the text with spaces ("wie ben ik") will not be seen as "wie" "ben" and "ik". Also, give the active element another color than the rest of the menu (preferably the color of the little triangle underneath it). Get the first letter of the menu item a capital letter, shows a little better, or get them all caps.

The little links under the blogposts do not show as links. Make them underlined or another color than the text (also align them properly, you can do that with CSS line-height).

"Calender" is written with a "K" in Dutch

Taken from the little triangles in front of the sidebar items you can expand and contract them. If it is expanded (login form) get the whole block the same color as the header.

The little triangle in the menu does not really have a function. Normally it denotes the menuitem and links it with the page. However, your background is not the same as the menu triangle so it does not really have that function and just sits there.

I would also add a tiny picture before your blogname, dunno why.. looks a little nicer imo