[BUG?]First Person Shooter using AttachCameraToObject

Hello.

With the new function AttachCameraToObject, we have been trying to make a realistic FPS. Although, we soon encountered a client-side problem. The problem is, when you start aiming, the camera zooms in to the player skin and only goes afterwards to the "real" aiming mode. Which is highly annoying to use in a realistic TDM.

A video showing the problem:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gimZhQCFKHs[/ame]

Note that this problem does not occur with snipers (zoom vision).

With a normal camera mode, you can see that the camera moves a bit towards the player when starting to aim, which might be the cause of the bug. A function to disable this animation (not sure if it is one) could be the fix.

I know this is not entirely a bug, but if there could be a fix for it, it would be very useful for the DM community. It certainly adds a new dimension to GTA SA.

Kind regards
-[MM]IKKE

Did you find that out via my video ?

Anyway, I guess it wont be fixed. Cus you cant detect whether a player goes in first person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawhats
View Post

Anyway, I guess it wont be fixed. Cus you cant detect whether a player goes in first person.
Well you can find out using
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/GetPlayerCameraMode
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/CameraModes

under OnPlayerUpdate or a timer...

Maybe using ClearAnimation/SetCameraBehindPlayer() after finding out would help?

I think it gives it a cool look in my opinion...

Quote:
View Post

LOL, just because your also a smart cookie doesn't mean your the only one that originally had the idea

I think that Kalcor will not give a look at this, but would be nice if this little bug get fixed.

This game was not designed for FPS.

The camera animation helps to zoom in to the target for a better aim action.

Have you tried using SetPlayerCameraLookAt (and using the camera vectors) when first aiming? I know this is a GTA bug, and if it can be fixed then it should be, but using SetPlayerCameraLookAt might be a temporary solution

Quote:
View Post

No one did, stop implying that FPS is yours lol.

OP: I agree. Should be fixed.

Quote:
View Post

As they have said, ideas aren't unique. I only saw your video after this comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesh
View Post
Maybe using ClearAnimation/SetCameraBehindPlayer() after finding out would help?
ClearAnimation does not work.
SetCameraBehindPlayer ... think about it. It's FPS. Using that would send you back to 3rd person view, which we are trying to avoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI
View Post
This game was not designed for FPS.
This game either wasn't designed to make realistic roleplay...not really an argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetigerswt
View Post
Have you tried using SetPlayerCameraLookAt (and using the camera vectors) when first aiming? I know this is a GTA bug, and if it can be fixed then it should be, but using SetPlayerCameraLookAt might be a temporary solution
That somehow doesn't work...