Creating a static faction system, help with command.

Hey, I need help with my /invite command.. This is what I have so far..

PHP Code:
CMD:invite(playerid,params[])
{
    new

targetid;
    if(
PlayerInfo[playerid][Group] == 255) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_ERROR,"[ERROR]: You're not in a group ");
    if(
sscanf(params,"u",targetid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_SYNTAX,"[SYNTAX]: /invite [targetid] ");
    if(
targetid==INVALID_PLAYER_ID) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_ERROR,"[ERROR]: Player is not connected. ");
    else
    {
        if(
PlayerInfo[playerid
I'm stuck at getting the players faction id who sends the invite, so the person gets invited into their group.

What enum are you using for the factions or for the PlayerInfo[MAX_PLAYERS]?

Player who sends the invite is - playerid ,to get player who RECEIVES the invite - you defined him as targetid, your code is good, tho I do not remember what "u" stands for, an integer or else. You should have some faction code defined above, look for it.

edit: ah silly me, you have it. To get player faction id use: PlayerInfo[playerid][Group]. If you want to check if he is in some kind of group, use:

if(PlayerInfo[playerid][Group] < 255) (Not sure about your group numbers)

Something like this?
pawn Code:
{
    if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] == 1)
    {
        new targetid;
        if(PlayerInfo[playerid][Group] == 255) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_ERROR,"[ERROR]: You're not in a group ");
        if(sscanf(params,"u",targetid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_SYNTAX,"[SYNTAX]: /invite [targetid] ");
        if(targetid==INVALID_PLAYER_ID) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_ERROR,"[ERROR]: Player is not connected. ");
        else
        {
            PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] =1;
            SendClientMessage(targetid, COLOR_GREY, "You've have been invited to our Group.");
        }
    }
    else if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] == 2)
    {
        new targetid;
        if(PlayerInfo[playerid][Group] == 255) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_ERROR,"[ERROR]: You're not in a group ");
        if(sscanf(params,"u",targetid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_SYNTAX,"[SYNTAX]: /invite [targetid] ");
        if(targetid==INVALID_PLAYER_ID) return SendClientMessage(playerid,COLOR_ERROR,"[ERROR]: Player is not connected. ");
        else
        {
            PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] =2;
            SendClientMessage(targetid, COLOR_GREY, "You've have been invited to our Group.");
        }
    }

My enum is PlayerInfo[MAX_PLAYERS][pInfo] and wild cookie.. I know the player who sends the invite is the playerid, and who recieves is targetid.. Im not a total noob, u is a sscanf param and stands for part of name/id

Safot , There is a more efficient way to do It I think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcookie007
View Post
Player who sends the invite is - playerid ,to get player who RECEIVES the invite - you defined him as targetid, your code is good, tho I do not remember what "u" stands for, an integer or else. You should have some faction code defined above, look for it.

edit: ah silly me, you have it. To get player faction id use: PlayerInfo[playerid][Group]. If you want to check if he is in some kind of group, use:

if(PlayerInfo[playerid][Group] < 255) (Not sure about your group numbers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzeto
View Post
I'm stuck at getting the players faction id who sends the invite, so the person gets invited into their group.
Not the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasoft
View Post
Something like this?
pawn Code:
{
    if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] == 1)
    {
        new targetid;
        else
        {
            PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] =1;
            SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You've have been invited to our Group.");
        }
    }
    else if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] == 2)
    {
        new targetid;
        else
        {
            PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup] =2;
            SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GREY, "You've have been invited to our Group.");
        }
    }
I'd say thats a waste of time and code if he has like hundreds of groups. Basically check if he is in some kind of group and give the targetid an invite, example:

InvitedToGroup[targetid] = PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup];

after he writes /accept or whatever, just set his PlayerInfo[playerid][pGroup]=InvitedToGroup[playerid]; // playerid because in /accept cmd he will be the player.

edit: sry for misunderstanding in my first post ^^

Thanks but I figured it out, it was pretty simple.

Way to Do IT:

PHP Code:
    else
    {

group PlayerInfo[playerid][Group];

PlayerInfo[targetid][Group] = group;

format(string,sizeof(string),"[HIRED]: You've been hired to group %d.",group);

SendClientMessage(targetid,COLOR_YELLOW,string);
    } 
Figured it out :P

That's what I wrote, but you are using an additional variable to store targetid invited groupwhich is not necessary since it stores in my way without using additional varibale.