SetTimer bugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoulSlayeR
Посмотреть сообщение
NG-RP relies heavily upon Timers to do many different things, but at this moment I haven't had any records of failure.

We're hosting upon a x64 Windows.
64 bit on a 32 bit sa-mp software? so wouldnt 64x mean nothing in what you posted?
if 64x means 64 bit i'm guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi
Посмотреть сообщение
64 bit on a 32 bit sa-mp software? so wouldnt 64x mean nothing in what you posted?
if 64x means 64 bit i'm guessing.
Don't look too much into it, I was messily saying that our OS is 64 bit Windows.

I'm quite aware that not much difference is there with native 32bit libraries, but provided it just in case it comes into factors of other things.

Timer's still going strong, on both the Windows and Linux tests I have active. I will stop these tests soon, as they're not really showing any signs of breaking, in fact the Linux SAMP server is now using less memory and processing power (it's getting bored).

I've launched my GM this morning in a tests server without any players, it has worked all the day. With the players (on average 70), the timers crash like 1 hour after each reboot.

Conclusion: It bugs when the players are using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano.R
Посмотреть сообщение
I've launched my GM this morning in a tests server without any players, it has worked all the day. With the players (on average 70), the timers crash like 1 hour after each reboot.

Conclusion: It bugs when the players are using them.
... This leads me to the question of; Why haven't bigger servers got this issue? Why wasn't it picked up in the RC stages, and why haven't BETA testers raised this issue a while ago (as most of the BETA testers have some relevance to massive servers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky1234
Посмотреть сообщение
... This leads me to the question of; Why haven't bigger servers got this issue? Why wasn't it picked up in the RC stages, and why haven't BETA testers raised this issue a while ago (as most of the BETA testers have some relevance to massive servers).
Good question, the only thing i know is that it really needs to be fixed ...
Or that someone tell us what we did wrong in the scripts, to fixe the most annoying bug i never see ...

Junkbuster, unload this FS, all my timers running for 24 hours no problem!!!

I've heard servers that run Junk-buster filterscript get that problem.

the fact is i was wrong, mess come again, may be server did not free player slot properly when player disconnect?, i debugged in many ways, if every one keep staying in the server, no problem, but when player quit or kick by jb, problem comes.

Settimer bug have to be fixe as soon as possible.

I still don't see how this can be classed as a bug, when only a small group of people are actually getting this issue.

Код:
new Float:x,Float:y,Float:z;
							GetVehiclePos(carid, x, y, z);
							ObjectReparation[carid]=CreateDynamicObject(18671, x , y , z , 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000,-1,-1,-1,100.0);
							SetTimerEx("ReparerVehicule", 10000, false, "ii", playerid, carid);
Код:
public ReparerVehicule(playerid, carid, prix)
{
	SetVehicleHealth(carid, 1000.0);
	RepairVehicle(carid);
	DestroyDynamicObject(ObjectReparation[carid]);
	return 1;
}
Since 0.3d object isn't destroyed, so callback not called

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1
Посмотреть сообщение
Код:
new Float:x,Float:y,Float:z;
							GetVehiclePos(carid, x, y, z);
							ObjectReparation[carid]=CreateDynamicObject(18671, x , y , z , 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000,-1,-1,-1,100.0);
							SetTimerEx("ReparerVehicule", 10000, false, "ii", playerid, carid);
Код:
public ReparerVehicule(playerid, carid, prix)
{
	SetVehicleHealth(carid, 1000.0);
	RepairVehicle(carid);
	DestroyDynamicObject(ObjectReparation[carid]);
	return 1;
}
Since 0.3d object isn't destroyed, so callback not called
Try adding a print in there, it might be getting called - just the object may be assigned incorrectly.

In 0.3c i had no problem, and i did'nt modify it for 0.3d

Wrong number of parameters passed:
pawn Код:
SetTimerEx("ReparerVehicule", 10000, false, "ii", playerid, carid);//2
public ReparerVehicule(playerid, carid, prix)//3
Furthermore, for those who are using timer fix (I guess it's Slice's), have you tried this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alextang0926
Посмотреть сообщение
give u guys my test result, i have this porblem when i move to 0.3d, and i found a include called timer fix(search this forum), and I run it with my gm, i found it said timer slot is not enough after several hours, it explained everthing, so re check all my gm timers and fs timers, and give all timers with respective killtimer(), and it goes 24 hours no problem. Now i move it to 0.3d-r2, keep testing more time. so if you want to use timer fix, dont forget to change timer slot in that inc file(128 by default), so after you run a while with that inc, you will see what happened to your timers, that is what i do, hope it will help
I'm not sure if JunkBuster uses this include since it is removed, you have to check the script of it yourself.

lol i modify on forum to don't give idee to french reader lol, i forgot to delete last param,

but i have the 3 para in tmer and callback

The reason why we have problem with it and why there just a small group to have this issue is that people don't reply they question,it's not useful to reply for this bug because people have made it.
We just need an help from someone here,samp creator maybe.
So,why you don't send the right timer setting? or a good configuration of timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Z
Посмотреть сообщение
The reason why we have problem with it and why there just a small group to have this issue is that people don't reply they question,it's not useful to reply for this bug because people have made it.
We just need an help from someone here,samp creator maybe.
So,why you don't send the right timer setting? or a good configuration of timer
But, as far as I can see, this isn't a bug - just an 'issue' for a small group of servers

Guys, this is NOT a sa-mp bug, but it's related to script or plugins.
Can one of you which has timer issue PLEASE do the following:

- Run all scripts and filterscripts in full debug symbols? (pawn compile option)
- Put on crashdetect
- Report full list of plugins you use and their versions

This is the ONLY way that will help us figure it out, this is 100% NOT a sa-mp problem as servers far larger than yours with maginutes more complex script run fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JernejL
Посмотреть сообщение
Guys, this is NOT a sa-mp bug, but it's related to script or plugins.
Can one of you which has timer issue PLEASE do the following:

- Run all scripts and filterscripts in full debug symbols? (pawn compile option)
- Put on crashdetect
- Report full list of plugins you use and their versions

This is the ONLY way that will help us figure it out, this is 100% NOT a sa-mp problem as servers far larger than yours with maginutes more complex script run fine.
My point entirely. However, I don't see how crashdetect will actually work, because from the reported scenarios, the servers don't crash; it's just the timers stop working.