Shoutcast/Icecast streaming audio connection -- Where does it come from?

Does the SAMP server initiate the connection to the streaming audio and then relay it through the server to the individual SAMP clients?

Or does the SAMP client initiate the connection to the stream audio directly, leaving the SAMP server completely out of the picture?

There has been some debate on a server I administrate about how the streaming audio is sent to the player, so I thought I would ask here and get a definitive answer. It basically revolves around who could be help responsible if a streaming audio site was determined to be unlicenced or in some other way "illegal".

There's also a concern about bandwidth. If the server is relaying all of the data between the streaming audio source and the clients, server bandwidth usage could potentially go through the roof. However, if the client is making the connection itself, then all bandwidth is at the individual users expense.

Whoever is broadcasting would be held accountable, I suppose.

I highly doubt that the SAMP Server host would re-relay the stream to the individual players.

Yeah, I highly doubt it too, I was just wondering if anybody would be able to confirm it for me.

Anybody else have information on this? Or have I perhaps put this in the wrong forum?

It will be direct, re-laying it through the server would be a huge bandwidth increase for server hosters. Also, is there anyway to force /audiomsg on a player to on when they join or something, as I don't really want to unmask the IP of the stream URL (I own it).

Shoutcast and Icecast has one person (DJ) who'll login to the server (Shoutcast/Icecast) usually using Sam Broadcast and playing music through it.

You're streaming from a different server, not your sa-mp server. Direct connection from a outside source unless you're hosting the shoutcast server on a VPS with your sa-mp server.

I could link you to some Shoutcast websites if you want.

My questions have been answered, thank you very much everybody.