Forum Database

Aite smart cakes I need help, I will be changing my temp forum soon into perm address tho I don't want to lose everything! so basically IS IT possible to send all my forum database from the current one to another one so I have my forum from temp website into perm website? (Using SMF)

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2008/09/...ing-mysqldump/

It's also possible with certain parameters in the MySQLDump command to actually dump the database into another MySQL server of your choice, provided you have the required access of course. It is shown in the very last paragraph of that link.

Aite thanks JTND! I will try to read this and understand it in 1 year lol kiddin, Thanks if it will work I will yell for help :P

There's an extract function in phpbb that allows you to export your configuration for future use then import it on a new site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corello2010
Посмотреть сообщение
There's an extract function in phpbb that allows you to export your configuration for future use then import it on a new site.
Well as I wrote above I use SMF...

Sorry, guess I didn't read that specific part of the message... There's a similar backup & restore system on SMF though that should work- See: http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...opic=184356.20

Quote:

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 26 seconds.

Hate that bloody thing!

Aite thanks for the link will try to learn that :3

EDIT: Aite got my database downloaded... in zip file... WTF to do with it now?! In the zip file I have .sql file, I guess I install SMF and upload the .sql file into the phpmyadmin?

Yea', you could try that... I'm sure it's explained in the tutorial but uhm yeah, either import it to phpmyadmin or there should also be a "Restore" function in SMF.

EDIT:

Nope... phpMyAdmin it is.